• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good thoughts/prayer request

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
xam, she's a beach girl and a lifeguard, so we and the doctor have already talked at length with her about that. She doesn't want scarring, so she plans to be very careful. Luckily, she's got long hair that will cover the area if she wears it right, so that's going to help.

MC,

A little scar won't ever deter her from being who she is. Hopefully she isn't uptight about it. :)

I'm glad things went well. Give her all our best. Well, except Clark.

R35

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
MC,

A little scar won't ever deter her from being who she is. Hopefully she isn't uptight about it. :)

R35

As Rock mentioned scars aren't any big deal, I used to be self concious about mine but now I don't care.

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
No worries...i already gave her my best ;)
Yeah...she's still laughing about that!

As Rock mentioned scars aren't any big deal, I used to be self concious about mine but now I don't care.
Rock's right, from an adult's point of view. From a 15 year old cheerleader's point of view, it's more important. But, she does know that in the long run it won't matter, and she's actually doing extremely well attitude wise. Wouldn't say she's uptight, but I'd say she's looking forward to seeing it heal up and disappear. Which is exactly what it's supposed to do!

Yeah, you guys are the best! Well, except Clark.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Ok scars do matter! They pay my rent! No, seriously, a scar can make a young attractive girl very self-conscious, and even kill someone's social life!

I remember a patient I had once a couple of years ago. One of the most stunning girls I've ever seen in my life. She was on a car accident and had a scar about 6cm to the right side of her belly button. She was so self conscious she couldn't wear a bikini or short top because she was anxious about it showing. Believe me, she had a body so spectacular you would not notice the scar even if she had a glow in the dark 12 inch multicoloured tattoo in that area, but it made her life miserable!

Scaring is important for a girl, so after surgery wound cares are as important as surgery itself. Most of you won't care the least, but seriously, would any of us be less attractive with a big scar in our foreheads? Probably not :D

Wayneo

From the bunker
Dec 31, 2008
I'm a bit late, but very glad to hear all went well. Scars will heal. It's who she is on the inside that counts most. Good luck with the recovery.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Sorry I missed this thread earlier, been out of pocket myself. Great to hear she is doing so well. Keep us posted.

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Well, the drain tube came out Tuesday, and she gets to take her first real shower tonight before graduation. The pain is easing off, as is the soreness. So she's pretty much done other than the stitches fully dissolving and the scar healing up.

Thanks for all the thoughts and comments, my friends!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.