• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Goodbye and Introduction

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to drop a quick note and let you guys know that I am leaving Global Golf. My last day will be Friday April 4th. I got another sales and marketing job in Raleigh that is just way to good to pass up. I will still be around on the board though not as often or with my former discounting power.:) Your new go to guy joined the forum yesterday, his tag is JohnnyHabs and you true club ho's will be happy to know that his former job was club guru on the taylormade van. So while I might be able to kick his ass on the course, he will be able to contribute way more to the board.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Congrats on the new gig and I am sorry to see you go. You have been a big boost around here and I am sure many feel the same way. Be sure to drop in and say hello from time to time. Hope all goes well in your future.

Welcome to the new guy. Looking forward to your input especially with your experience.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rob,

Sad to hear you're leaving, but congrats on the new job!:thumbs up:

I, for one, need to thank you personally for all the hard work you put in answering questions (mine especially), cutting deals and making ends meet for the forum. I think it's safe to say that if the new guy is half as dedicated as you were, we'll be in great shape.

Don't be a stranger!:)

Thomas
R35

PS....JohnnyHabs? Is he a Canadians fan? That's the last thing we need around here is more fuel for VTdivot....LOL. Cheers!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Glad to hear you're moving up, but hate to hear you're moving on. Who you working with? Wondering if I know them or if we work with them.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Congratulations!!! Don't make yourself scarce.

Look at it this way, now you get to tell all the guys on here what you really think about them. :D

OP
robereno

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
hmmmm......what I really think......I think revenge is a dish best served cold, so I will wait a bit on that one:). MC, I am going to work for an Insurance company called "Charles Lunsford and Sons" they are out of Roanoke Virginia but have an office in Raleigh.

JohnnyHabs

Just putting at night....
Mar 27, 2008
Hello everybody,

Yes it is sad that Robert is moving on, but I hope to be able to contribute anyway that I can as he did. If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask. As Robert stated I am a former :smilie_tm Performance Tour Van Representative and I will be happy to offer advice about club fitting or club making. I kook forward to the future here.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Welcome aboard!

I'm guessing from the handle, the first name is John?

Looking forward to seeing you on the board! Get ready for some doozie questions, but I'm sure Rob has you prepped...

"Avoid Rockford. That guy is SUCH a PITA. And Ezra? That guy'll buy anything if you throw in shipping. And don't get me started on Warbirdlover.....just send him the Nike drivers as they come in, he'll buy them..." :D

Cheers J,

R35

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
roberno, thanks for all the great deals and good luck on your new job! Sorry to see you leave Global Golf but you gotta do what you gotta do.

JohnnyHabs, I think we'll be getting to know each other very soon! If robereno hasn't yet told you, sssmokin (brother) and I basically keep Global in the black with all our driver purchases... :D

JohnnyHabs

Just putting at night....
Mar 27, 2008
Yes, John is the first name. Robereno is giving me the low down. Thanks for the heads up.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Hey Rob

Best of luck in the insurance world (probably means you get to play a lot of golf with clients now, right?). I spent over 10 years working in financial services marketing, 2 of which were for a Life and Pension outfit.

Anyway I'm sure you found GG an interesting experience and you sure did a good job for them here. Best of luck dude!

Welcome JH!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Hello everybody,

Yes it is sad that Robert is moving on, but I hope to be able to contribute anyway that I can as he did. If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask. As Robert stated I am a former :smilie_tm Performance Tour Van Representative and I will be happy to offer advice about club fitting or club making. I kook forward to the future here.
Just one question for now...wasn't it hard to keep up on the Tour Van with a new club being issued every other week? :D

Welcome to ST!! We're an obnoxious bunch, but we have fun!

Oh, and always use smiley's when posting with dave...he just loves them! ;)

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Welcome John.

If you are indeed a Habs fan, ill let it slide since my team is in the Western Conference:laugh:.

Sorry to see you go Rob, good luck with the new gig, thanks for all your help!

Now since John has exp with TM, maybe he can help me make this damned 05 TP and 07 MB TP combo set:D

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Good luck with the new gig Rob, thanks for all the great deals. Hi John, welcome to shop talk, as you can see by my signature, I fit into the club ho category also so you'll be hearing from me soon also I'm sure.

🔥 Latest posts