• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got a job!

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Some of ya know I got laid off back on Oct. 10. Found out today that I got a job! Back at the same company but doing different stuff! Woohoo!!!! :) Probably got another couple of weeks before I start... but man what a load off!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Wonderful news!!!!

Not trying t be the Devil's Advocate, but isn't it weird to work where you've been fired before? Isn't there a higher possibility of this happening again???

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Congrats, unless you didn't really like the place & right now it's better than nothing.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Wonderful news!!!!

Not trying t be the Devil's Advocate, but isn't it weird to work where you've been fired before? Isn't there a higher possibility of this happening again???

big difference between being laid off and fired.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Congrats, Slick! Great news.

I second this motion. I was laid off ALOT during the past two and half years. Been working now since around 4'th of July and it feels good. I'm a carpenter and it sometimes comes with the trade, but this time it was different. Laid off a long time I was. I just pray everything stays on the up and up.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
cool dude. and a great time of yr to be getting back to work.hopefully you wont have to look again any time soon unless you want to.

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Wonderful news!!!!

Actually less of a chance... kind of like lightning striking twice. Also, this position is paid for by the client... so it isn't going anywhere.

But yes... it is sort of bittersweet going back to work for a company that kicked me to the street. But.. ya gotta do what ya gotta do to support the Fam(and golf addiction) ;)

Thanks for all the kind words all!

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I second this motion. I was laid off ALOT during the past two and half years. Been working now since around 4'th of July and it feels good. I'm a carpenter and it sometimes comes with the trade, but this time it was different. Laid off a long time I was. I just pray everything stays on the up and up.

I'm a carpenter, too. Even though I'm in a good area, I'm really getting prepared for my time to come along. I'm self employed, so I have no safety net. Mickey D's always need hamburger flippers! I'll do anything to provide for my family.

🔥 Latest posts