• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GOT A LESSON!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Somehow in the time when I got fitted for my new Ping G5's I developed some bad habits. Initially the teaching pro told me I had a nice swing. Well after I got my Pings it went to hell.

I was so frustrated with my irons last weekend and the two times this week I went back to the teaching pro who fitted me. He gave me a lesson and didn't charge me!! In five minutes he had me hitting EVERY SHOT perfectly! He is GOOD. And guess what it is. It's SO SIMPLE!!

KEEP YOUR HEAD ABSOLUTELY STILL UNTIL BALL CONTACT!! DO NOT MOVE IT FORWARD. DO NOT MOVE IT UP AND DOWN. PERFECTLY STILL.

DO NOT LIFT YOUR HEAD TO PEEK AT YOUR SHOT (until after ball contact)

FOLLOW THROUGH (weight on left foot facing the target)

If you do these things EVERY shot is perfect. It's that simple. TRY IT!!

(this is all assuming you have a pretty good swing to start with)

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Thats funny you brought this up because that was my biggest problem up to now. This week when I was practicing my wedge shots I would peek.
When I started keeping my head down until contact my shots improved 100%
Farther, straighter and just plain solid striking.

slicerdude

Feb 17, 2006
Hey warbirdlover, i was telling you in a thread a few weeks ago that my little fella went to my golf course and caddied for me, he said that i was lifting my head on every shot, so i started to keep it real still through the ball contact and could not believe the results, i actually have to use my course yardage book, rock on dog !!
:sc:

Jun 24, 2006
I had a similar experiance. I was really hook my driver BAD and I went to the first tee with my pro with 7 balls and my driver.

He got me to change a few things and within the first 5 balls i was pounding them dead straight and longer that i have ever hit it. Amazing:) .

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.