• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got a SC Red X....Where to get it refinished?

btdickey99

Aug 3, 2008
Burlington, NC
Country
United States United States
I just got a Scotty Cameron Red X from Martin's Golf in Myrtle Beach. The only problem is the person that had it before me didnt take care of it. there are several nicks on the top and face of the putter.

Main reason I did get the putter was bc I have never owned a SC and really liked the feel of it, and it was $79 :).... Since getting it I have hit more putts of 10-25 ft then I have ever.

The question I ask is what are some recommendations of where to get the face refinished? I have thought of SC but may not want the wait or price unless I have to.

here are some pics of the face of it.

ai262.photobucket.com_albums_ii83_btdickey99_Picture013.jpg

ai262.photobucket.com_albums_ii83_btdickey99_Picture014.jpg

ai262.photobucket.com_albums_ii83_btdickey99_Picture015.jpg

So any ideas would help. Thanks

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Wait until you get some holiday money this winter or even tax time next year and splash out a little extra $ for the trip to the Cameron Shop.....

OP
btdickey99

btdickey99

Aug 3, 2008
Burlington, NC
Country
Wait until you get some holiday money this winter or even tax time next year and splash out a little extra $ for the trip to the Cameron Shop.....

Yea Im waiting until the winter to get it done bc its gonna take anywhere from 2wks to 2 months depending if I have to send it off. I think I am going to go with a black and then keep the writing red.

Yea I found my shop which does it local but it seems like their price is @ what SC will charge.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Black Oxide Services or LaMont Mann from MannKrafted. Seriously on a Red X save the extra money from the CS and go this route. You'll be just as if not more happy once you get it back. I've had work done by both and they exceeded my expectations.

OP
btdickey99

btdickey99

Aug 3, 2008
Burlington, NC
Country
Black Oxide Services or LaMont Mann from MannKrafted. Seriously on a Red X save the extra money from the CS and go this route. You'll be just as if not more happy once you get it back. I've had work done by both and they exceeded my expectations.
yea thats what I was thinking... The extra money isnt that big of a deal as the time is. I am probly going to go the route of SC once golf season runs out I just wanted to c what ppl thought from experience.

I really do love the putter and plan on having it in the bag for a while

Members online

No members online now.