• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got an offer to end Ebay Auction early. Possible Scam?

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
Got a buy it now offer on an item i just listed for some irons. Seems rather quick for an offer. Possible Scam?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I suppose it's "possible." It's a lot MORE possible that you're paranoid, though. If he's offering to buy it via "buy it now", then I don't know how he could be scamming you.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
If there's no bids and he pays via Paypal, why not? You're protected, even if it's not E-bay. Or, if you're apprehensive, add the Buy it Now feature.

R35

OP
West Coast Duffer

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
forgot to mention I did not put the buy it now offer. he just asked if I would end it early for a certain price. I suppose if through paypal I'm covered.

88cupfan

Jan 5, 2009
Ebay frowns on such transactions. If there are no bids on your item, you can easily edit your listing to reflect the Buy It Now offer. Then, the ball is in your buyers hands. If he proceeds your bases are covered and you know he is legit. One piece of advise though, don't accept payment from non confirmed address. They can make the claim that they never received to item and get a charge back from Paypal.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
If there are no bids, can't you alter the auction to have a Buy it Now?

Been so long since I've sold anything on Ebay, can't remember...

R35

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
One time I listed an item with a BIN and before I could even get in to look at the listing it sold. I also ended an auction before I was supposed to with a to good to refuse offer. Just make sure he pays before you end the auction.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Ebay frowns on such transactions. If there are no bids on your item, you can easily edit your listing to reflect the Buy It Now offer. Then, the ball is in your buyers hands. If he proceeds your bases are covered and you know he is legit. One piece of advise though, don't accept payment from non confirmed address. They can make the claim that they never received to item and get a charge back from Paypal.
^^^^ This ^^^^

🔥 Latest posts