• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got the Hibore in...

pdlnole

Seminole Pride!
Apr 23, 2006
I finally received my Hibore that I won on Ebay, and thankfully it was in almost perfect shape. 9.5* with the UST Proforce V2.

It has rained here for a few days, and today was the first day I was actually able to hit in on the range.

Love the shaft, it seems to fit my swing. At first I was kinda ballooning my drives a bit, but I remembered someone on here mentioning to tee the ball a little lower with this head, and that did wonders for me. Out of the 30 balls I actually marked and looked at, I had a carry of around 260-270 and had a few roll out to 300.

The biggest thing for me though, is that 25 of those balls were very close to each other in dispersion. I have been playing the wifes R5, and while it is straight, I gained a good 15 yards with the Hibore and it is still just as straight.

I have to say I was leery of what the Hibore would look like at address, but I was pleasantly surprised. The shape of the head didn't bother me at all after the first couple of balls. I got use to it in a hurry.

I think this will be a great driver for my swing. It may not be for everybody, but then nothing is. I despise most any Nike club I have hit, and can't stand Titty drivers.....so there ya go.
For me it is a keeper, but I'm gonna hang on to the Launcher and work my way into the PL stiff....just in case.:idhitit:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Strange. You could have written that paragraph and signed my name. It's exactly the same thing with me...except the wife, and the R5...:D

Nike. Nope.

Titty? I've hit one or two...my hands still burn.

The HiBore, it's funky, but once you lay a blanket out on the fairway at 285 and drop 20 in a row on it, it's pretty sweet.

R35

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
nole, what do you normally shoot?

we always get Rock's spiel when it comes to what clubs work great, and he seems to always be right about these things. but just trying to determine how much of the magic behind his wonder products he seems to be sponsoring is due to him being an above average golfer rather than the product

thanks

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
nole, what do you normally shoot?

we always get Rock's spiel when it comes to what clubs work great, and he seems to always be right about these things. but just trying to determine how much of the magic behind his wonder products he seems to be sponsoring is due to him being an above average golfer rather than the product

thanks

Let's not get crazy here, it's not like his last name is Hogan :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Hahaha, good stuff.

The HiBore is a nice driver, but I picked up another while waiting to hit balls this morning(it was dark when I got to the course). And blah.

OP
pdlnole

pdlnole

Seminole Pride!
Apr 23, 2006
"nole, what do you normally shoot?"

Eh, I'm pretty much still a hacker. I usually shoot in the high 80s or low 90s, although my driver has been a large part of the problem.

I started with the Launcher, and while I still love the head, the stock Fuji shaft was a large pile of crap. A slice machine if there ever was one.

I then purchased the R5 on here for the wife, and found the Speeder was a great shaft, but the club itself plays quite a bit shorter than the Launcher in my hands.

I have always liked to be a bit against the grain, and with every person 10-65 lugging around a TM or Nike driver, I wanted something different. I like my TM irons, but it seems like ever person you meet says, "Hey, look at my R7 or Ignite"....uggg. Besides that, like i said, I have yet to hit a Nike club that I like. To me the TM irons are fine, but the drivers...ehh not so much. Again, probably because everyone has one around here.

The Hibore was a good choice for me. I seem to hit it well, and I hardly ever see one on the course. That was one of the main reasons I bought a Cleveland to begin with.

I did re-shaft the Launcher with a PL stiff, and when I hit it square, it is a rocket, but not as forgiving if you mis-hit. I am gonna hang on to it though and maybe as I improve I will work my way into the shaft.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Phew! I had just classified myself as such.

It's not, at all. As I've stated many times before, less than a majority of golfers legitimately break 90. So at that, you're doing well.

It's just this game never ever ends with challenges, so you know you can always do better.

OP
pdlnole

pdlnole

Seminole Pride!
Apr 23, 2006
"Legitimate 80s and 90s is not a hacker bud."

Notice I said "usually" and not "consistently"? Therein is the difference IMO.

I still consider myself a hacker, because, even though I am capable of shooting a 85-90, I can also still churn out a 100+ round. I have a "legitimate" 85 on the books, but that doesn't mean I shoot that every time I go out. I just happened top be "on" that day.

This time of year, when it the weather permits, I get to play a lot. When I can get out 3 times a week, I get my scores down into the 85-90 range. When I don't get to play for a month, I can easily play a 105 round.

I don't think the term "hacker" magically disappears if you happen to break 90, but that is just my opinion.

🔥 Latest posts