• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gotta love it...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
What a crappy morning.

Since my new truck won't fit in my garage yet(the idiots that built my garage obviously didn't drive trucks)...i had to park it up by the garage and park the commuter car behind it so we didn't have to shuffle cars around this morning to go to work. I have a 1 car wide driveway with a two car wide garage.

Get out this morning, the car won't start. I knew the battery was getting older, but i figured it would get us through winter at least. No dice. Anyway...so there is no way around the car...

So...with 2 inches of snow already on the ground and snow falling, i had to push the car backwards enough to get the truck around it through my yard and out into the street. Then since i don't want the car sitting by the road all day, push it back up towards the garage. With the amount of snow on the ground already,i couldn't get enough tracktion to push the car myself...had to recruit the wife to help. She was less than happy...lol

Thats way too much work that early in the morning. Plus they're calling for upwards of 6" of snow around here so i get to change the battery, blow the driveway, and swap the vehicles around again tonight before i get to do anything else...

Yay...anyone else having a less than planned morning?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Let me get this straight: You've got a new 4x4 truck, but because of some snow on the ground, you had to push the little car out of the way??

Oh wait, you bought a FORD didn't you?? :biglol: ;)

Sorry you had a crappy morning, e.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Well see....

Since i have a 4x4 Ford truck...and it was in front of the car, had i attempted to move the car out of the way, my truck would have just ran the car over. Now, don't get me wrong, that would've been a helluva lot of fun. However, that's the wifes car i would have been destroying...which means she would have destroyed me once i got out of the truck.

If my truck would have been behind the car, i could have hooked up and pulled the car backwards...which wouldn't have been needed since the truck would have already been on the road side of the car anyway.

See MC, thats the difference between Ford owners, and the rest. We Ford owners think before we act! :D

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I was just wondering why you couldn't simply drive around the house, or around the car? Or, why not park the truck in the driveway behind the garage since you were the first one out, anyway?

But hey, as long as you Ford owners are thinking before you act...

In all seriousness, though, if the truck and the car are outside, what's in the garage?

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I was just wondering why you couldn't simply drive around the house, or around the car? Or, why not park the truck in the driveway behind the garage since you were the first one out, anyway?

But hey, as long as you Ford owners are thinking before you act...

In all seriousness, though, if the truck and the car are outside, what's in the garage?

Can't drive around the house, my house is only about 5 feet from the neighbors fence on that side. Can't drive around the car because my house is right next to the driveway, and the other side is my neighbors house. Well, i could make it between the house and the car, but their central air unit is in the way of this option.

We commute together as we work together in the same building. We had planned to take the car to work because it's cheaper to drive the car. The truck is the weekend vehicle.

lol, so literally my only options were to 1. Do what i did or 2. Walk to the parts store(4 mile trip, 2 miles of that with a battery in hand) and get a battery for the car.

ETA: items that are in the Garage - Tools, Tool box, Snow blower, Lawn mower, rakes, shovels, grill, outdoor furniture, gas cans, other misc gardening tools for the wife, bikes, toys, salt(for melting ice), misc building supplies, misc electrical equipment, etc etc etc....however, it is 90% emptyness....until i raise the door so i can get my truck inside...then it will be VERY FULL.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
ETA: items that are in the Garage - Tools, Tool box, Snow blower, Lawn mower, rakes, shovels, grill, outdoor furniture, gas cans, other misc gardening tools for the wife, bikes, toys, salt(for melting ice), misc building supplies, misc electrical equipment, etc etc etc

Seems as if you're missing an important item.... jumper cables

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
So...with 2 inches of snow already on the ground and snow falling, i had to push the car backwards enough to get the truck around it through my yard and out into the street.

I just got off the phone with a friend in Wisconsin.

He said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling.

The temperature is dropping below zero and the north wind is increasing. His wife has done
nothing but look through the kitchen window.
He says that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her in.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Seems as if you're missing an important item.... jumper cables

Have them. In both vehicles.

I don't have the 30 foot+ cables i would have needed to reach from the front of the truck to the front of the car. Remember, th truck is pointed towards the garage, the car is pointed at the back of the truck. Cables won't reach and i don't have room to turn the truck around.

So why then would i push the car backwards, get the truck out, jump the car with a bad battery to take 50 miles to work?

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Jumper packs work great too. Everyone should own one. Most of them have an air compressor too.

Would have been a viable option if i had one.

Turns out though, it wouldn't have worked. Got the new battery in it, and it turns over like a raped ape....no start.

Either frozen fuel lines or bad fuel pump.

Got tot take the truck again....this is getting expensive.

Lets see, approx 100 miles(actually 98 but whatever) at 15mpg and 3.06/gal = 20$/day just to get to and from work driving the truck. It's half that in the car.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.