• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GPS/Rangefinders??

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
It would be nice to know how much they charge per course. Also, a list of available courses would be nice.
uPro | Introducing golf's best GPS Rangefinder
How much does a course download cost?
Course downloads are just $10 for ProMode™ and $2 for BasicMode™. Packages are available if you would like to purchase multiple courses and these packages lower the cost per course significantly.
Seems like it is so new, they haven't had time to create most of the website to search for the courses.

I will be waiting to see where it leads. To be honest, even being the gadget ho that I am, I'm not sure I see the value over a standard GPS or range finder. The ProMode would be the real value difference. Which to me only seems valuable if you haven't played the course or rarely play the course. If that is the case I am not sure I would be willing to pay $10 for a course I rarely play. That was a big part of my logic for getting a GPS, or actually, more specifically my rangefinder. I would spend $5 on a yardage book for course I was unfamiliar with, which seemed like a waste of money and that in the long run the Rangefinder would pay for itself. Just my .02 cents.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I had a sky-caddie for a full season. Once my subscription was up I sold it and bought a laser range finder.
Cloudy, drizzly days the GPS wouldn't work work shit. On nice days I would have to re-boot it at least once a round as it would lose signal and not be able to regain it. Slow to switch over as you move. Some days it would be flawless, other days I would end up putting it away because it would become so frustrating. I know at least 20 guys who have GPS units and every single one of them has some issues. I would never own another one. The new laser range finders are more accurate, easy to hold and lock into your target and always work.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Anyone used the Bushnell Tour V2. Simply from an aesthetic point it's my front runner.

reddingsetgo

Oct 5, 2008
I've got a upro

Hi all - I have had a uPro for a few months now, and personally, I love it. I also have an SG5 and a SG3. The uPro and the SG5 have been about equivalent in terms of accuracy, but the features on the upro are literally a whole new ball game. My SG3, in comparison, is horrible compared to either one. Price-wise, the upro is a little less than the SG5 initially, but then doesn't charge a membership fee. They sell "Pro" courses in packages, and the one I bought put the pro course downloads at about $3 each. HOWEVER, they just starting giving away their "basic" course data for free. With the "basic" data, you actually get more information than is available on the SG5.

VThomas

Oct 5, 2008
uPro vs SG5

Hi all - I have had a uPro for a few months now, and personally, I love it. I also have an SG5 and a SG3. The uPro and the SG5 have been about equivalent in terms of accuracy, but the features on the upro are literally a whole new ball game. My SG3, in comparison, is horrible compared to either one. Price-wise, the upro is a little less than the SG5 initially, but then doesn't charge a membership fee. They sell "Pro" courses in packages, and the one I bought put the pro course downloads at about $3 each. HOWEVER, they just starting giving away their "basic" course data for free. With the "basic" data, you actually get more information than is available on the SG5.

Redding, I am surprised that you say that the SG5 is equivalent in accuracy to the uPro. I agree that the SG5 is better than the SG3 but the SG5 still struggles on tree lined courses and with different types of weather. In over 20 rounds with the uPro, the accuracay has been excellent. In fact, I have two friends in my usual group that have the SG5 and we have done comparisons on several courses.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Back to the original subject:

I have been very happy with my Sonocaddie V300. Once the courses are downloaded, I recommend playing the course and manually editing the waypoints, hazards, greens, etc. so they will be "spot on".

🔥 Latest posts