• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Graf Prototype BiMatrix Shaft

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I know some in here have it in their drivers. It kind of interests me for a future ho'ing project if I get some more mad money (and ProV1x's first). For my crappy swing/game I can't see spending $300-400 on a shaft. But, I can see spending under $100 on a shaft and around $100 on a Global Golf used R7 460 or something (brand not important) to put it into. I've wanted a "non-composite" head to do this with for awhile that isn't bore through or deep seated (SMT) where I'd have to figure out what flex to buy blah blah etc etc. :)

So I was in Golfwrx shaft review section (we need one here!) and lot's of good comments about this shaft. What's the scoop? :D

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Great shaft WBL, dont listen to most of the guys here about it. It reduces your spinrate and hits the ball really straight, nice and boring and long.

You should definately try this shaft! I love mine.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've read that also in other threads, but that's a good thing. I like a shaft right on the reg/stiff border. :)

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
It's a "decent" shaft....but it seems to lack feel and kick...it's stable....but so are many other shafts.

I think we've sold a dozen or so and I KNOW at least HALF have reshafted since.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I got it in a Mizzy Mp001 11.5 degree head for £45!!! Thats cheaper than the shaft on it's own over here :D & it's got a fancy Yellow/Black Golf pride grip which must be another £7.50's worth!!!

Well the Mizzy is my 'goto' driver & I'm keeping it for a long time :) . It's so easy to hit straight with all the loft and low spinning shaft. It's quite long as well carring just short of 250 with it on average but it's all carry due to the rain. Down wind it is madness hits so high that I hit a couple 290-300 yards again all carry, can't wait for firm fairways again :( . I would love to get this shaft in something less lofted to see how it performs on a more penatrating ball flight. I'm not sure of the weight of the shaft but it feels like 75% of the weight is down near the club head which I like, good for ripping it :) .

Thinking of shafting my Cobra Pro S or hopefully the Burner TP I'm trying to trade it for with one but at £75 it's an expensive experiment.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I would love to get this shaft in something less lofted to see how it performs on a more penatrating ball flight.

I was curious about this as well. Wanted to try it out in my 9* Geek but really do not want to produce a low launch.

Also how would the fairway shaft compare to the driver shaft? The fairway comes in 44" which with trimming would play at the 44" I want for a driver.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Somebody on here, I BELIEVE it was Sandpiper, did exactly that. He used the fairway shaft in his driver and loved the hell out of it. Even if it wasn't him, SOMEONE did it, and loved it.

I've got an untouched BiMatrix FW shaft I'm still debating on installing. I don't know if I should play god on my 3W right now =P I play my driver too long to put a FW shaft in, I think.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
t'was I SUX. Put that thing in your driver with an extention, that's wat i did. Trust me, having your driver down to 44.5 or 44.75 is a good thing.

Do it WBL!

jkilla217

May 25, 2007
actually im getting the fw shaft which i got for like 20$ including shipping on the bay in my 905R as we speak should be back from the shop by sunday so expect a review!

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online