• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Graman Limey - WTF

Pullmeister

Dec 6, 2006
After reading so much hype about these shafts I decided to check them out. So I go to the Graman site, looks real promising with nice weight/tourque specs.

Unfortunately the Graman distributor in my area charges $120 - $140 per shaft. They cost more than 3 times the $37 that others "claim" for this shaft

kiwi

Kiwi Club Ho
Aug 20, 2005
Bear in mind though they only start at $34 and go up. The new UL780 is about $103 I think. I personally prefer the 540

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
www.myclubmaker.com has them starting at $37 for the 440ul, it also happens to be my favorite of thier shafts. Shop around before accusing others of making "claims".

OP
P

Pullmeister

Dec 6, 2006
Well definately much better prices at phoenix golf. But even with that, when the shipping costs are factored in($20 -$30) I can get a Blue or a V2 shaft for about the same money.

I just think its incredibly lame that Graman allows its distributers to charge whatever they want. Is it fair that US customers can get shafts much cheaper than Canadians? I dont think so, I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

IIRC check out the prices at the only Graman distributer in my area ( Caltek golf )

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
You pay shipping no matter what shaft you buy. I paid $37 plus $19 for shipping, for a total of $56, shipped to Canada.
The LIMEY is far superior shaft to the blue or the V2 imo.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Lyle,

You have the lightweight regular flex (57-59 g) 440UL in your driver right? I have been liking a little heavier shaft like the 540 (65-69 g). Do they play pretty similar? I've had better luck with stiff flex but you mentioned many pros playing the reg flex. Just curious since this summer I might play with one of these in some driver. :confused:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
WBL

Yes, I have the UL440. It is the first light weight shaft I have ever been able to use effectively. Its also the first "R" flex shaft I dont balloon or hook the crap out of. I even was able to play it at a length longer than my normal. I use it at 45.5 inches and am the most accurate I have ever been with a driver.
I also have upped the swingweight to D5, so it feels quite head heavy, this combined with the lighter overall weight seem to make hitting solid shots much easier. In any head under 420cc's I would recommend the 440, for 460 heads the 640.

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
I will let you know about it, I am looking at buying another cheap 905R so I can install one in it. My only concern with it is that it seems like a long drive shaft.

Lyle, have you done a UL440 in a 905R? Im thinking about making it 46" to start off possibly a 1/2" tipped blind-bore so I can mess with weight on it. I would love to keep this thing D1. I just dont want to install this thing 44" and not have any room for correction thats why I wanted blind-bore with no plug for now and just lead tape it till I find what I am looking for then add weight along with the plug. What do you think?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Its not a LD shaft by any means. It just seems to work very well in many applications, for many people. More so than other shaft I have seen.

Just keep in mind the 905R's are a bitch to re-shaft. You will need to replace the aluminum hosel insert every time you re-shaft at a cost of about $20. If you want to experiment, there are many far easier and cheaper heads to toy with.

kiwi

Kiwi Club Ho
Aug 20, 2005
Isn't the 640m more of a fairway shaft. I'm more fond of the 540 in a driver. My one in my current gamer is playing at 45" tipped 2" CPMing at 257 I think in a Hibore.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Lyle,

You jumped from a 440 to a 640 in your recommendation. Is there something you don't like about the 540. It appears the 640 is the same weight as the 440 only lower torque. The 540 would be in the weight range I'm used to. I had poor luck with the lightweight Comp NT and Evo Light I tried this summer.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Is it fair that US customers can get shafts much cheaper than Canadians?
Pullmeister

Man, we pay the same amount as them, just that the cdn dollar makes it seem more, and that we have to pay taxes when we get things over the border (the 7% GST and 7% PST). All in all you dont really pay that much more, i get tons of things shipped over the border for myself, but in true i ship it right below the border and pick it up myself, border patrol lets me off on the taxes almost all the time if its under 100$

(i also live right above the border which makes it easier for me).

kow_ciller

Master of the 3-putt
Mar 3, 2005
Lyle,

You jumped from a 440 to a 640 in your recommendation. Is there something you don't like about the 540. It appears the 640 is the same weight as the 440 only lower torque. The 540 would be in the weight range I'm used to. I had poor luck with the lightweight Comp NT and Evo Light I tried this summer.

What i find funny about what you just said is that the Comp NT and the Evo Light are both around 65 grams, which is the same as the NVS you've got there.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.