• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gram'an Shafts

3Bogey

Jan 20, 2006
Anyone ever play a Gram'an UL 540 wood shaft. There is a guy I buy components from who swears by them. Says they are absolutely awesome. I think I'm going to sell my .350 Aldila NV that I have been asking questions about in other threads because I just can't find a head I like that supports this shaft. Anyone who wants to pay $50.00 I'll sell it to you for almost half the cost of what it is going for from component comanpies!! Another shaft I have been hearing alot about is the UST Proforce V2. I'm still in the hunt to build that awesome Non OEM Driver!! Give me some feedback guys!! Let me know of some good component heads as well! I'm a 85-90 MPH swinger and need that extra 10-15 yards that last years Ping Si3 stiff just couldn't give me!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Snake Eyes Viper Ti-4. Best driver I have ever hit. Adjustable weighting with 4 weight ports to allow maximum customization in ball flight and the head is 430cc's versus the ultimate monsters of 460cc's. It is the largest driver head I have seen available that retains the 4 weight ports for adjustability. All of the super jumbo heads have 3 weight ports or less (as of this writing, but I am sure that it will change.) The new TM R7 460 will only have 2 ports and the SE Viper 460 head only has 3. Currently playing a Graffalloy Prototype NT 65 in it and love it. I would not trade it for any driver out there as it has totally revolutionized my driving game.

I won a UST V2 and put it into another driver head for some testing, and it feels awesome. Driver was a 14 deg face, so the ball flight was a bit high, but I am going to try it in another driver head as soon as I get motivated to start pulling driver shafts.

OP
3Bogey

3Bogey

Jan 20, 2006
Thanks Ualtim. I've been staring and flirting with that Ti-4 since I got the 2006 Golfsmith catalog. There is also the Viper Ti 460, but it is alittle large. I'm not sure if you have heard anything on that one yet. So you are real happy with that Ti 4. Do you think the V2 would work well with that head??

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Have you looked at any of the TM heads... sorry, couldn't resist ;)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
3Bogey said:
Thanks Ualtim. I've been staring and flirting with that Ti-4 since I got the 2006 Golfsmith catalog. There is also the Viper Ti 460, but it is alittle large. I'm not sure if you have heard anything on that one yet. So you are real happy with that Ti 4. Do you think the V2 would work well with that head??
It should . With the ability to adjust the weight profiles you can tweek your launch conditions if you are getting a bit too much or a bit too little launch angle with a different shaft. The V2 feels awesome, but so does the Graffalloy Prototype NT. I had the NT PURE'd before installation, and it has made me a believer in the technology. I have since purchased JB's Spine Tool and have been spine finding all my shafts over the last month. It is hard to explain, but a shaft that has been spined/PURE'd just feels better, and I have never hit a driver straighter than my Viper Ti4.

I am sure that the Viper Ti 460 is a good head, but I prefer the flexibility of the additional weight port. My current configuration has the 2g weights at the toe and heel ports with 12g weights in the 2 rear ports. Higher MOI and an increased launch angle along with a higher swingweight. It is the best configuration I have found for my swing.

OP
3Bogey

3Bogey

Jan 20, 2006
Viper Ti-4

Divots...Have you looked at any of the TM heads... sorry, couldn't resist ;)

I found a TM head on the side of the cart path the other day!! Next to it was a Golfsmith Viper Ti-4 cellophane wrapper!! The word is getting out!!!

Dirtman

Oct 28, 2005
Everything I've seen written about the graman shafts praised them and they have quite a following over at the golfdiscussions board. www.lowprogolf.com has the best price anywhere I've seen on them and the staff there is very knowledgeable and helpful in getting you what you need. I was thinking about getting one just because of the color and may still because the specs of a 640 seem ideal for my current head.

That being said, I just bought a Grafalloy Comp Nt 85 to replace the true temper ei-70-2 shaft in my head and should be here next week. My head is a 10.5* Geek Fail Safe and with tt shaft in it the ball flight is pretty high and I get ballooning from time to time. The comp nt is mid bend with a stiffer tip so it should get the ball flight down a bid and I would like a firmer shaft. The head is very forgiving, it replaced an old Taylor made 300 ti in 8.5* that I could poke 250 on a center hit but averaged 230. The FS head always lands no less than 250 and center hits get up in the 270+. But that's really comparing apples to oranges and my swing has improved drastically since I started out. My longest drive was 320 yards on a downhill par 4 and it was with the FAILSAFE. I have found my driver...

OP
3Bogey

3Bogey

Jan 20, 2006
Yeh I have been hearing about Geek Golf. In fact I am building a Dot.com this for a buddy of mine who is 6'10" and 300 lbs. I'm Shafing it with a Penley Ultron Pro XXXstiff. This should be interesting too see. He has a swing speed of over 130mph and has been playing a Ping stiff driver that he was hitting all over the place. I told him that if he was shafted right he would be driving many par 4's. He carry's his stiff 320-340 at times. With the XXX stiff in his hand he may be charged with having an illegal weapon!!

Dirtman

Oct 28, 2005
Sounds cool, I'd like to see that (then again, maybe I wouldn't want my confidence crushed). I wanted to build my own driver and was going with a Bangster until I saw the Geek stuff. Everything I've read about the Graman Limey's has said they load and kick like a horse...often getting compared to high end shafts; diamana at a fraction of the price.

🔥 Latest posts