• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grayson Murray hates the PGA Tour

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Looks like the TOUR is getting called out

1627316708259.png
1627316734748.png

1627316769260.png

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
First of all, that was difficult to read...pretty sure he was drunk while writing it.

Second, suck it up, buttercup, the PGA Tour entity is not your daddy. Why are they responsible for helping you through your addiction? Why do they owe you anything? I don't understand this mentality. You, and ONLY you can decide to solve that issue.

Third, Whiners drive me nuts. Can't hack it on PGA, find something else to do, why keep banging your head against the wall and blaming everyone else for your bruised forehead?

He's considers himself a victim. Until he fixes that flaw, he's not going to make it anywhere. I don't really have a **** to give for self induced victimization.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
PGA Tour players are private contractors. They are their own small businesses. The Tour has zero responsibility to babysit them.

I spent 2,000 nights in hotels the last 15 years of my career. Never visited a bar once. Never took a drink of alcohol once. Never cheated on my wife. But, that's me. Guess it's more difficult if you are playing golf vs. being in the field babysitting construction workers and their contractor firms.

We were married in 1966. Retired in 2017. Never in those years did I apply for or accept a penny of unemployment pay. If one job ran out, I'd go find another. If I didn't like the firm I worked for or what the job entailed... I'd go find another job.

Suck it up!!! Don't ask me to feel sorry for you because you want to play golf for a living, can't make the sacrifices to do so, and want sympathy. Sheesh........

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Maybe you guys have never had to deal with an addict, but "sucking it up" is absolutely not an option. They need help and a lot of times they don't know how to ask for it. Even still, it sounds like he did ask for it and they responded with "we'll get back toy you."

This is a case where you might want to dial it back and walk a mile in their shoes. Addiction is a severe mental and sometimes physical issue, and writing it off as them being bitches is super unhelpful.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Maybe you guys have never had to deal with an addict, but "sucking it up" is absolutely not an option. They need help and a lot of times they don't know how to ask for it. Even still, it sounds like he did ask for it and they responded with "we'll get back toy you."

This is a case where you might want to dial it back and walk a mile in their shoes. Addiction is a severe mental and sometimes physical issue, and writing it off as them being bitches is super unhelpful.
Was thinking this exact same thing.!

Also, of course the tour doesn’t HAVE to do something. But they SHOULD do something. As any employer should in a situation like this. And yes I know that the tour technically isn’t the employer but let’s see a tour without players.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
PGA Tour players are private contractors. They are their own small businesses. The Tour has zero responsibility to babysit them.

I spent 2,000 nights in hotels the last 15 years of my career. Never visited a bar once. Never took a drink of alcohol once. Never cheated on my wife. But, that's me. Guess it's more difficult if you are playing golf vs. being in the field babysitting construction workers and their contractor firms.

We were married in 1966. Retired in 2017. Never in those years did I apply for or accept a penny of unemployment pay. If one job ran out, I'd go find another. If I didn't like the firm I worked for or what the job entailed... I'd go find another job.

Suck it up!!! Don't ask me to feel sorry for you because you want to play golf for a living, can't make the sacrifices to do so, and want sympathy. Sheesh........
I wouldn’t say zero responsibility, the tour doesn’t exist without players. The players don’t exist without the tour. I’d say they each have a responsibility to each other.

Also I don’t think it’s a difference of construction guy back golf guy that allowed you to spend 2000 nights in hotels without a drink. Guessing it’s alcoholic vs non alcoholic.

🔥 Latest posts