• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Great 9 holes, funny stats

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Jules, i live in the lower mainland of BC, more or less the only place in canada that you can play all year round (if you dont mind a little rain). Although ill be honest and say yes i have played in the snow, we played with yellow balls and knew the course very well so it wasnt too difficult.

Lemonhead, i agree 100% about confidence, i felt so confident all day, but the ball just wouldnt go in. I had the confidence from how solid my stroke has been, but it just wouldnt drop? You can see my deduction why i havent been able to putt in my thread about turning grips:).

As soon as that is taken care of, i guarantee im guna be goin low:D

OP
L

Lemonhead

Nov 1, 2006
Well, 'piper, I had an up and down morning. Was going to play the Muni, but they had a tournament and I knew the nearby options were going to be packed so I went to the Cape. It's shutting down in a couple of weeks for a complete rennovation ($8M getting put into it) so the conditions sucked. There weren't greens, they were "browns". Oh well, I was just working on other parts of my game.

Started out bad, but shot +3 on the back 9 and ended up at +11. I hit 4 bunkers on the front 9 and I usually stay out of them. Driver started out really bad which left me really scrambling. On the back, I got in synch and started keeping it in play. I figure +3 over 9 is something I can be playing toward so that leave 5 bad mistakes. I 3-putted twice and 2-putted most often. The back 9 saw 6 GIR and the front only had 1. Hit 12/14 fairways. On the front, I hit 1 bunker of the drive. The rest were my 2nd shot straying into a greenside bunker. Just wasn't chipping or getting out of the sand as close to the pin as I was the other day. Left lots of long putts on bad "greens". However, I was happy with my putting.

To the confidence issue, on the front 9 I really had a break in confidence that I didn't get back until #9 when my game turned around. That's good for me because I usually don't improve during the round. I liked that I fought back to end good.

Lemonhead

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Well, 'piper, I had an up and down morning. Was going to play the Muni, but they had a tournament and I knew the nearby options were going to be packed so I went to the Cape. It's shutting down in a couple of weeks for a complete rennovation ($8M getting put into it) so the conditions sucked. There weren't greens, they were "browns". Oh well, I was just working on other parts of my game.

Started out bad, but shot +3 on the back 9 and ended up at +11. I hit 4 bunkers on the front 9 and I usually stay out of them. Driver started out really bad which left me really scrambling. On the back, I got in synch and started keeping it in play. I figure +3 over 9 is something I can be playing toward so that leave 5 bad mistakes. I 3-putted twice and 2-putted most often. The back 9 saw 6 GIR and the front only had 1. Hit 12/14 fairways. On the front, I hit 1 bunker of the drive. The rest were my 2nd shot straying into a greenside bunker. Just wasn't chipping or getting out of the sand as close to the pin as I was the other day. Left lots of long putts on bad "greens". However, I was happy with my putting.

To the confidence issue, on the front 9 I really had a break in confidence that I didn't get back until #9 when my game turned around. That's good for me because I usually don't improve during the round. I liked that I fought back to end good.

Lemonhead

Thats pretty good lemonhead. I think your in one of the best positions in golf right now. You can see the light, and that is soooo much fun to play towards imo. Keep us posted as you start playing more. Whats you handicap btw?

OP
L

Lemonhead

Nov 1, 2006
'piper,
My index is at 11.7 now - down from 14.7 in December. I feel that I've broken through to yet another level. Throughout the Fall I was consistently 85-88 and now I'm seeing much, much lower in my future. My dropped shots are now a lack of focus whereas in the past they were due to bad technique.

But, oh God! you should have seen the conditions of the course. This summer it was beautiful, then they sold it for $3.1M to a local who is putting serious cash into it. Since it's going to all get dug up they aren't doing anything but mow the grass. At least I got to play.

Lemonhead

🔥 Latest posts