• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
I have bought a fair amount of stuff from Fredericksburg golf in VA. Had them do a fair amount of work to various clubs also...I recently had my HiBore shaft start to seperate from the head. Appeared to only need to be re-epoxied (sp??) in..Dropped it off last Wed...they call Thur and say it is ready...no charge...and that was it..My pops was going to Fredericksburg on Friday anyway so had him pick it up for me...I didnt pay attention when he put it in the truck Sat....Looked at it this morning...huh...they put new grip on it..that was nice...then I looked closer...they put a whole new shaft it in (ProForce V2)...Not sure why as I havent talked to them..Ill ask Friday when I go down there...but to me..THAT is customer service...

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Or.... they completely screwed up and either reshafted your driver with some one elses shaft, or gave your dad the wrong driver. :laugh::laugh:

OP
J

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
Or.... they completely screwed up and either reshafted your driver with some one elses shaft, or gave your dad the wrong driver. :laugh::laugh:

hahahaa...nah..I know the head is the same as it has the chip on the toe where I dropped it on the cart path THE FIRST TIME I USED IT...these guys are very good to deal with and have always made things right for me..I am guessing, and just a guess, he saw something wrong with the shaft that I couldnt see and replaced the entire shaft..they are one of the few places I know of now that really take care of their customers...I couldnt not recommend them any higher!!!!!!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
How often is changing a shaft without the customer's request good customer service? That could be a HORRIBLE shaft for your swing. That shaft retails for something like $70. I'm betting they really screwed up trying to "fix" your club. There's more to this, and it isn't them being nice guys. With the economy the way it is, shops aren't giving out $70 shafts and free installs like candy on halloween.

You got lucky.

I've been to that shop, actually, and I found that everything in there was wildly overpriced. Whitehot XG 2Ball putters for 249.99. HA.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
How often is changing a shaft without the customer's request good customer service? That could be a HORRIBLE shaft for your swing. You got lucky.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think its good customer service but a total screw up. What if I had a Blue Board shaft perfect for my swing and I got an X-Stiff V2 instead when I pick up the driver? I would definetely not be happy at all....

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
?????

If I brought any of my drivers to a shop to have the shaft reseated and the tech installed a V2 instead they would be replacing it immediately.

I'd find out what the deal is. Did you have a V2 in the driver before? You didn't mention. Find out how they screwed up the original. Did it occur to you that this could be a sign of total incompetence?

OP
J

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
Sorry for the lack of info...but yes it had an identicle V2 shaft it in it before...talked to them last night and thanked them..he said the shaft had a crack at the tip (this is the 2nd V2 shaft I have had to have replaced) so he went ahead and replaced it...
As for them being overpriced...compared to what? They are cheaper than every golf shop within 70miles that I know of. And they know what they are doing...not like a Dicks..

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Sorry for the lack of info...but yes it had an identicle V2 shaft it in it before...talked to them last night and thanked them..he said the shaft had a crack at the tip (this is the 2nd V2 shaft I have had to have replaced) so he went ahead and replaced it...
As for them being overpriced...compared to what? They are cheaper than every golf shop within 70miles that I know of. And they know what they are doing...not like a Dicks..

Thats what I figured...not uncommon and if they assembled it, then they would be responsible for the shaft.....

But regardless, I know many companies that would have epoxied it up, and later when it broke, would tell ya you were outta luck.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.