• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

great day, bad round

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
This past Monday I had the opportunity to play a shotgun tourney at the Half Moon Bay Golf Links compliments of Subaru of America. I have to be honest, they (SoA) did a fantastic job and put on a great event! Everything from welcome packages at registration to a gift on every par-3 tee box. The gifts were cool little golf related items (towel, cap ball marker) all with the Subie logo prominently displayed.

Anyway, the course was great the day even better but unfortunately I played the worst round I've played since first taking the game up. I'm not sure what went wrong and where only that it was bad... really bad. So, without further ado I submit the following pics:

First one is of my starting hole #16. This was one of many elevated tee boxes. The building in the background is the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay.
HMB 16.JPG

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
still a great day, still a bad round

this is the dog leg of hole #1. I had a horrible tee shot but was saved by a great 4 iron second shot.
HMB 1.JPG

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
one more...

This looks back up the 12th fairway. The fairway on the left is #10, in the distance is #11, and on the right is #13. One thing worth noting is that being in the fairway was a MUST as the rough was the deepest I've ever played. You literally had to be standing on top of your ball in order to see it. Actually, it was easier to find your ball in the long brown grass than it was the rough just off the fairway!
HMB 10 11 12 13.JPG

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
last one!

okay, the last two holes were played in these conditions. This pic is of #15, my last hole, and was taken at the same angle as the first pic... about 20yds to the right and four hours later. This hole played 380yds and the gentlemen in the pic and I hit our best drives of the day. We really hit the snot out of the ball and both came up well short of the 150yd marker! Let's just say the air was a bit thick. ;)
HMB 15.JPG

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
two courses

we played the "ocean course" and i think all the trees are on the "old course". ;) lucky for us there was zero wind because as you can see there was zero shelter.
For me the most intimidating hole on the course was #17. Mid-length par 3 with 15yds of tee box, 150+ yds of pacific ocean, one big cliff, and then the green. I kick myself for not getting a pic of this hole, but I was pre-occupied by a great looking Legacy GT and an even better looking blonde that was telling us about it. :D Anyway, I hit a solid 6 iron but I pulled it to the left and into the pacific. :( I managed to regroup, rehit, and leave with a 5.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Great Pix Chem.

Do you know what they charge you for greens fees/carts there?

such a truly beautiful place....

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
green fees

Bravo said:
Great Pix Chem.

Do you know what they charge you for greens fees/carts there?

such a truly beautiful place....

Green fees for walking are $155 Monday-Thursday and $170 Friday-Sunday. I'm not quite at a point in my life where I'm willing (able) to actually pay those kind of fees just yet. Honestly though, while the view was spectacular the course didn't leave a huge impression on me. It was nice but it wasn't $130 nicer than where I normally play on a weekend. Next time I'm out at my regular place I'll snap some pics for you guys.

🔥 Latest posts