• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Great day with driver

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
I have been working on swing changes and they seem to be in play today. Played Lake Arrowhead (Lakes) with my son Eric. I was right there with him matching him drive for drive. We were drawing around trees, picking 1/2 of fairway and playing LONG. We both had an iron into a par 5 for our second shot. Him a 5 and me a 4. He still has at least a club and 1/2, with irons, on me. I was a legit 270 to 290 depending on how much draw I had. Put one shot into a pond which was previously ENTIRELY UNREACHABLE for me. One of the happiest penalty shots and drops I've ever taken.

Any way a G10.(no), Fti (no), R9, (no) ----- My Ping G2 (yes) was most excellent today

Score was a disappointing 82. They had just aerated the greens with a slit aerator. I was like trying to putt on a surface similar to a hunk of Shredded Wheat cereal. Down the corduroy groves until gravity finally wins out.

But happy daze I am in. Long high gentle draws were VERY VERY KOOL.

Brewer fan

Jun 15, 2009
Well Zaphor if your keeping up with your son drive for drive I say your not doing to bad at all. He can kill the ball from what I have seen in the past.. Good round for you I say. Thanks for all of your help with my game and putting together some great clubs. You are a rock star..

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
zaphod Re: Great day with driver
<hr style="color: rgb(226, 225, 234); background-color: rgb(226, 225, 234);" size="1"> Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset ;" class="alt2"> Originally Posted by sssmokin
You'll probably want to play from the tips Saturday. We can do that if you want.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

And risk bruising my ego---why would I do that!!!!!!!!!!!!:wow:
Phew.............I was afraid you'd say yes, you would............LOL.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Wi-Golfer Re: Great day with driver
<hr style="color: rgb(226, 225, 234); background-color: rgb(226, 225, 234);" size="1"> Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset ;" class="alt2"> Originally Posted by sssmokin
You'll probably want to play from the tips Saturday. We can do that if you want.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Sure, or at least play that one thats tucked back into the woods 100 yds back.
I don't know which two nines we'll be playing, but if we play Lakeview, we can do that one tucked in the woods, anyway.

🔥 Latest posts