• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Great fun golfing today

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Went up to sssmokin's to pick up my 905R reshafted (by his friend) and played 18 with Zaphod, his son Eric and sssmokin. Zaphod's son Eric is GOOD!! He has the prettiest swing I think I've ever seen (with someone I've golfed with) and probably averages 300+ with the driver. And his game is complete, irons, short game, putting. Must have been scratch. They wanted him to play on the college team but I guess his workload is too heavy this year. Really a nice young man too! Zaphod is also a good golfer. (Then there was sssmokin and I bringing up the rear!!). :D We all hit some good shots and had a blast. :D

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Good to hear. What'd you shoot?

No golf for me this weekend as I have the CPA exam on Monday. But I did book a tee time for after the exam. :laugh:

So how do you like the 905R with regular flex V2? Currently have a stiff flex V2 in my 905R but want to give the regular flex a shot since I heard the shaft plays stiffer in a bore thru. Then again, I just got my Burner TP. :laugh:

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Oops. Just saw your review of the 905R in the review section. :laugh:

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Really enjoyed today's round with WBL, zaphod, and his son, Eric. Weather was perfect. After all the recent rain, the course was in great shape but the rough was LONG. Must be why you're supposed to be in the fairway.........LOL. Eric tried all of our drivers, and bombs them no matter what he's hitting. :wow:

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Had a great time golf with the "dynamic duo. Yeah I always want to tee of before Eric. Otherwise I'm jumping out of my shoes trying to keep up with him.
Eric declined playing collegiate golf deciding to keep it as a hobby. He also plays on the UW Eau Claire Ultimate Frisbee club team. And some travel teams around the state. I believe UF has put him in good golfing shape as it seems he's getting more distance as time goes on. I hit his retail 425 R7. His contact sounds different than mine!

BTW sssmokin and WBL are great hosts and really look forward to the 1st annual Wisconsin shot talk open oct 7th.

Johnny Par , Good luck on that CPA exam I hear they are tough. Eric' major is accounting and Financial Management with a CPA in mind. Where did you get your degree?

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Johnny Par , Good luck on that CPA exam I hear they are tough. Eric' major is accounting and Financial Management with a CPA in mind. Where did you get your degree?

Yeah, I wish I took the exam my senior year of college or the first couple of years out of school. It's just hard finding time these days, with golf and all. :laugh: graduated from University of Connecticut.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
BTW sssmokin and WBL are great hosts and really look forward to the 1st annual Wisconsin shot talk open oct 7th.

Definitely looking forward to it.
Planning on playing 18 tomorrow, going to hit 2 different 9 holes courses just haven't decided on which ones yet. Can't play a lot of courses in Madison because they are closed due to all the rain we had. The ones in Portage & the Dells area are open though.

Bossman641

Jan 10, 2007
Hey JP, good luck on the CPA exam. What section are you taking? I just graduated in May from U of I in Champaign in accounting and I'm working on my CPA as well. I passed the BEC section earlier this summer, I take REG on Wednesday.

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Hey JP, good luck on the CPA exam. What section are you taking? I just graduated in May from U of I in Champaign in accounting and I'm working on my CPA as well. I passed the BEC section earlier this summer, I take REG on Wednesday.

Taking AUD on Monday. no parts passed yet. :( Good luck on wednesday Boss.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
We had a blast playing the RTJ Train on Saturday. I didn't have time to warm up and was nine over after 7 holes and then got it in gear and played the final 11 holes in 3 over to card an 84....missed so many birdie putts it just killed me mentally...

One other added benefit. A friend of ours is the owner of the local Budweiser distributor...and when we finish up, he always picks up the tab if we order any Bud product....so the free beer is icing on the cake.

Members online

No members online now.