• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Great golf weekend coming up

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I am playing in a tourney at my home course tomorrow, pretty little 18 holer with wierd features....I'll be taking lot's of pics.

Monday.....My oldest kid (he's 10) has been bugging the crap out of me to take him golfing so we are going to this great hacker course not far from me. 18 holes of run down shabbiness. A club house that more closely resembles a dog house that hasn't been painted in 30 years and an abandoned condo complex boarding 18....this is unique....there are about 30 units and maybe 10 of them are occupied by squatters....lot's of broken glass, roofs missing massive amounts of shingles, a real jem of a place.

The course, is actually not too bad if you don't mind mud pits where the landing areas are...I don't know how they accomplish this as there is no irrigation. Anyway, wait till you see it.

It's a good place to take the kids because it's usally abandoned, there are some very challenging holes, it's a full 18 (6400yds or so) and the fee, with cart is only $34, kids are free :D How can you beat that?

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Do I sense a real admiration in that beautiful course ? :rolleyes:

And as long as there are mudpiles, there are pigs. And where you find pigs, you find manure, hence no irrigation needed. :D

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Admiration?

I tell you what......If I had the money,say $30 million or so I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. There is enough acerage to do another 18.

In it's heyday it was a very popular resort (1930's - 1960's) which got caught up in the real estate boom in the mid 80's and then went in the tank due to incompetant ownership.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.