• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Great site for swing "Back to Basics"

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
http://www.golfonline.com/golfonline/instruction/features/article/0,17742,468803,00.html

Didn't know if it had been posted before, but I hadn't seen it.

They have everything there from the grip to setup to, basically, everything. All the fundamentals. And, amazingly, I'm quite lacking.

I've been playing for 10 years, and this is the absolute FIRST time I've ever heard, read, seen that says, in your setup, "Your right elbow should be closer to your body than your left." While your left arm is hanging vertically from the shoulder joint.

?????

HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO THAT? :)

Quick, take your normal setup. Is your right elbow closer to your body than your left? Is it?? Can it be?

I've been trying for half an hour and I absolutely cannot do it. Do I really have to close down the left shoulder?

Can somebody please give me a drill, or a how-to to get this fixed if indeed you are supposed to keep your right elbow closer??

I have a sneaking suspicion this explains me being constantly left.

Thanks for any help. Enjoy the site!

Augster

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Mine's closer...but not by much. Barely noticeable looking down on it.

Not sure what I can say to help you do it though...are your shoulders square to the target line?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
If there's a difference it's not much. Hmmm, my mistakes tend to be left too.

CKGuY914

simplicity vs complexity
Apr 8, 2005
Mine is alot closer.

My right arm is more relaxed than my left arm at setup which makes my right arm kinda hang down more towards my body while the left arm is straighter.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Watson was abig advocate of keeping the right arm tucked in

🔥 Latest posts