• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greenpeace Balls

LazySumo

Apr 11, 2005
At Costco this Saturday morning they had a huge stack of Titleist balls for about $30 for 24 of them. Wow, verra nice, eh? Little did I know they were giving them away because they were Greenpeace balls.

What are Greenpeace Balls? Well let's just say those little buggers LOVED THE DAMN TREES!! After a complete meltdown on the fourth hole and donating an ENTIRE sleeve to the forest I switched back to my Top Flites and got things back under control. Still I couldn't save a hundred score though, just too much damage in the first four holes.

Oh, and I was playing Iron Horse and it was beautiful! Lush greens and a really challenging course and just a near perfect day. Once I put those tree-huggers back in the bag that is.

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
Greenpeace balls. Gotta remember that one. As much time as I spend in the trees, I'm sure I'll get a chance to drop that one soon.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Greenpeace balls are supposed to love water no? (and whales I think, but you need to play in pebble beach or something like that).

OP
L

LazySumo

Apr 11, 2005
Loop said:
Greenpeace balls are supposed to love water no? (and whales I think, but you need to play in pebble beach or something like that).

Loop, you could also have my ex-wife around and it would count. Not trying to say she was overweight, but her idea of foreplay was the candy aisle at Walmart.

So what theory Rock? 'Fraid I haven't heard this one yet.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My theory is that Titleist golf balls are not for anyone playing over a scratch handicap. I find so many of those bastards on the courses around here, it's not even funny.

My shag-bag is made up of 50% Titleists. I kid you not. Mostly ProV's and NXT's. And, i've never bought a single ball in my life.

(I only say this stuff to inferiorate the Titleist guys here.....i could really care less, but it's fun! :) )

R35

longiron

May 2, 2005
rockford35 said:
My theory is that Titleist golf balls are not for anyone playing over a scratch handicap. I find so many of those bastards on the courses around here, it's not even funny.

My shag-bag is made up of 50% Titleists. I kid you not. Mostly ProV's and NXT's. And, i've never bought a single ball in my life.

(I only say this stuff to inferiorate the Titleist guys here.....i could really care less, but it's fun! :) )

R35
Shag bag hell send them my way. I know what you are saying for the last year or so i didnt have to buy and prov1 i found so many i didnt need to.

OP
L

LazySumo

Apr 11, 2005
Rock, if I hadn't picked them up so cheap I NEVER would have payed regular prices for that kinda ball. Like I told the guy at the checkout counter a few weeks back when buying some Top Flites, "Tell these babies goodbye, they are about to meet a watery death."

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ha!

I'll round up my Titleists and take a pic of them. They'll go to the highest bidder.

I play HX Blues 3 piece . I'll take those in trade 3 ProV's for 1 Blue. ;)

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
rockford35 said:
Ha!

I'll round up my Titleists and take a pic of them. They'll go to the highest bidder.

I play HX Blues 3 piece . I'll take those in trade 3 ProV's for 1 Blue. ;)

R35

Would you consdier a trade straight up for some geniune VT hot dogs and maple syrup (actually, I wonder what they would taste like together - I'll need to post a follow up later I guess)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Maple syrup? Dude, I'm Canadian. What else you got? ;)

B330's, how are those balls?

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
rockford35 said:
Maple syrup? Dude, I'm Canadian. What else you got? ;)

B330's, how are those balls?

R35

How do you like SK? I've never been. Being from NS the furthest west we east coasters ever make it is TO.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I've never been any farther west than TO. I'd love to go tho. Toronto sucks, but the East coast really appeals to me. It's on our list of places to go.

I sold a bike to a guy from Halifax. Does that count? ;)

R35

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
About ten years ago, I spent a week on a bus tour from Edmonton, up through Calgary and on to Jasper, and Banff, with a brief stop at Lake Louise. One of those stop an hour and admire the sights, then back on the bus. Got to walk on Athabasca Glacier. Stroll around Lake Louise. Walk through the Banff Springs hotel and admire the golf course from a discreet distance. No moose sightings, but plenty of elk. I don't know how the Canadians ever swiped that land from us. (Sorry. Just trying to get into tournament mode.)

If you ever get a chance to see this area, even briefly, take the opportunity. I'd love to go back to Banff. But I guess that was just being unfamiliar with those type surroundings. In Jasper I talked a waitress (over a buffalo burger) about the fantastic scenery outside the restaurant window. She looked startled and said, "I don't even notice it. I guess you get used to it."

Staff online

Members online