• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greetings from Michigan

kelleyk

Mar 25, 2009
I'm glad I found this site and I look forward to reading and learning from other avid golfers. I'm 46 years old and have been golfing for over 20 years. After 2 Low back surgeries in the past 8 years I am finding that I need to revamp my approach to golf. I have always been a long hitter and my ability to launch the ball off the tee has given me my greatest satisfaction on the golf course. Age and preserving my back is forceing me to rethink how I approach my game. It's almost unfortunate that I was once able to send a ball as far as 395 yards down range. I begin a round with the 80% mindset which results in a 290-300 yard drive, but after one of those drives, I seem to feel that I am "on" today and I revert to my old ways at the next driver appropriate tee box. Often as not tweeking my back for a week or two and resulting in a round in the mid 90's if I'm lucky. My main golf partner hits in the upper 70's when he is rolling, but I can almost always hit 20 -30 yards farther off the tee than he does. I have essentially conceded that he will score better and settled for the minor satisfaction of hitting some really nice shots during my round.
With a new season upon me, I have pledged to myself that I am going to focus on course management, back health, and to get away from trying to hit the ball farther than necessary. There are limber 15-16 year old skinny kids that smash off the tee farther than than I can manage anyways so why even worry about it. I hope to break 80 this year (I've only done it a handfull of times and not at all since my first back surgery in 2000) Wish me luck and I'll try to keep you posted.

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Hi, welcome. I too am from Michigan, more metro-detroit area though. Heck of a March eh? Been out bout 5-6 times already, LOL.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.