• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

greetings from N. Texas

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
Howdy, have been lurking for a while now, really enjoy the topics and info.
Just a begginer, but having a pretty good time.
It reminds me a lot of when I took up racing dirtbikes back in the late 80's, you have to keep working at it, and go back for more humiliation.. you know, it;' like, man I really su**ked today, but the next day it seems like it never happened "quite that bad", hehe.
I am 51 going on 18. Actually started golf back when I was in like, 6th or 7th grade, with a Northwestern Junior set. but after a few years, then only picked up a club once every 10 years, for a few rounds.

What got me back into it, was taking photos at a NFL Alumni tournament.
You know it's fun to watch grown men cuss and cry, and the beer cart comes around, and I thought hey that part, can do...
I swear my favorite topics to read are "helicopter clubs into the pond"

so thanks to you all here and a a couple of other forums, I have spent the last several months being a proper golf ho. :p

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
thanks, much too hot. I would like to hit the range at lunch, but just to dang hot. still, have been out on the course every afternoon after work, for the past 5 days :beach3:

feeling it now though. :dead:

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
welcome! great people here! I'll be back in SE Texas in two weeks, not looking forward to the heat =[

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Serious Humidty in that area!
One of these days, would like to visit the Caddo Lake State park area(s). need to save up some dough and take a week off. Great photo and hunting areas.
eh, my Daughter is kinda close to you in Portland. She does not miss the heat. after 26 years here, I am hating it, but I guess it beats 3-4 months of snow that some have to put up with!

its not a dry heat. its a crappy heat. :p

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
oh ho yeah :laugh:
ok I also had to get in on the $99 Nickent 3DX driver deal, that I read about today.
in the meantime of lunch hour,
I had a Rife 2 bar Mallet putter. was not 100% happy about it, can't 'quantize" why...but seeing that today was 30 days since purchase, I went to Gsmith and traded it back at 90% for the Rife Aussie.
Maybe the steel versus Aluminum will be what I am looking for.

then I took the new Rife directly to the golf-tec shop just up the street, had him set me up for lie and length. I'm tall with wrists at 39-1/4" to the floor.

Probably going to have to sell some photo stuff I dont use much, to make things right though.

hey I am even a golf lesson ho, having had 6 lessons from 3 instructors, in the space on 1-1/2 months. sure helped though.

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Hiya Wirehair;
good name there...well, I have a Wirehair Fox Terrier anyway :laugh:

Live in Van Alstyne, and work in Plano.
so far I have only played at Pecan Hollow Muni, Sherill park (too hard), Oak Hollow in McKinney and Grayson Co. College Course in Sherman, known affectionatly as the Goat Ranch. ;)

BTW today's sport section had an advert for "9th anniversary" at Woodbridge in Wylie. Lots of special pricing, in the coming week ahead, most importantly, the .99C Draft beer @ 19th hole :idhitit: <- gives a new meaning eh.

shank

Jan 16, 2008
Welcome, from a West Texan!
Raised in the Hurst area. I got out of the traffic as fast as I could. Now I'm too far out :laugh:

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
hehe, so you probably have jack rabbits to shoot for on the greens :wow:

🔥 Latest posts