• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greetings from Sunny Climes (generally)!

DRaddict

Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Pat Brit living in the Dominican Republic who has to 'slum it' on some of the courses now showing in the 'Courses' section. My golf has got no better since living here despite the sunny weather & good company - in fact I don't think it has got any better in the 30 years I have been enjoying the game!! Ah well, maybe next month or next year I will shoot a round of 88!!

My dream is to shoot my age & if I have to wait until I am 90 to do so, so be it ......... I will NOT be complaining!! :)

In the UK I played golf at Alsager Golf & Country club (probably known to ManchesterGolfer), yearly sabbaticals (of a week duration) to Troon 's municipal courses(obviously known to Scotty), & Winter Hill course in Marlow, Bucks. (Probably known to UK Golfer). Now my main course is Las Aromas in Santiago, Playa Dorada here in Puerto Plata & (my favourite) Playa Grande down at Rio San Juan.

If anyone is headed this way, give me a holler & I'll see who is available to make up a fourball at one of the aforementioned courses.

Now I'll get back to finding my way around this site so I don't screw up next time I post!!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Tell us more about the DR. I have a friend who goes there every year, and is begging me to come along on a trip with him, just to see what an amazing place it is. He's a golfer as well. If we do the trip I'll look you up.

OP
DRaddict

DRaddict

Nov 13, 2007
Tell us more about the DR. I have a friend who goes there every year, and is begging me to come along on a trip with him, just to see what an amazing place it is. He's a golfer as well. If we do the trip I'll look you up.
Oh BOY ......... Where do I START???
Moved here from South Bucks. (UK for those this side of the pond) back in November 1992 & have loved the country ever since!! Good golf course to EXCELLENT golf courses - many well below prices of England & USA! Pete Dye, Robert Trent Jones, Jack Nicklaus, & now we have Nick Faldo & Peter Ousterhouse getting involved too!!

As I don't charge for helping people relocate here, I don't think I will upset any rules of the board by giving you my webpage to visit (Oooops, I see I can't do that until I have made 15 posts or more!! You can find my website in my Personal Details if you are interested!!). I think that will give you a fair assessment of what it is we love about the country. I'll try to post a few more photos of courses hereabouts during the next few weeks (we don't stop playing over the Christmas holidays & 'temporary greens' are unheard of here!!).

What part of the country does your friend visit Eracer? The North (Atlantic) Coast or the Caribbean & more affluent SOUTH?? ~ Grahame.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.