• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest! Quick Question

bjkabe

Feb 13, 2010
Hello. I'm getting back into golf after taking about a year off. Any courses in OR or WA that you recommend? I mostly shoot in the 70's and occasionally in the low 80s if the putter isn't cooperating.

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
Great public trak is Eastmoreland GC. They held a few Public Links Champs there in the past. Tough of you get in the trees. Delta Park has a couple of nice courses. The Greenback course is the fav, but the other, which name I forget, is also a nice course. they opened that one up too early when it first opened. The OGA course in Woodburn os a good course. I would check those out first. They are probably the easiest on the wallet. Oh, and don't forget Progress Downs by Washinngton Square. I know it'sw nemd something different, but I cant remeber the name. I think it's off Greenburg Rd.

OP
B

bjkabe

Feb 13, 2010
I've played Eastmoreland, GreenBack, Progress Downs (now called Red Tail), and OGA. The other course at Heron Lakes is called the Great Blue (Robert Trent Jones Jr design if I'm not mistaken). One of these days I'll fork over the money and play one of the courses at Bandon.

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
Don't forget about Pumpkin Ridge. Great course. And yeah, if I lived in Oregon, I'd be taking trips to Bandon.

🔥 Latest posts