• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grip Change

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Every time i go out, i always seem to get my thumbs hurting quite a bit, i know this is caused by my grip , which people have always looked weirdly at, but since i was doing so well, didn't care to point out, i use just a basic baseball grip i suppose, but everyone points out my right hand is very low on the club, can anyone suggest the grip that they use and possibly provide a pic, thanks, i've been experimenting, lately but can't find anything as solid as what i've been using, maybe i just need to shift my finger position,

thanks

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I agree with Gallo.

From your description, however, i would say that you either have grips that are too big for your hands, or you are gripping the club too tightly.

A softer grip will allow for a better grip on the club. They wear faster if you grip heavily with them, but there is no need.

Try something like the Tour Velvet or a Winn Arrow. Both are nice, soft grips that hold up well to wear.

A grip change is a tough thing to bend your mind around. What felt so natural is usually the opposite of what you should be using, and changing grips takes buckets and buckets at the range.

As long as you're secure in your swing and keep positive, you'll see the results sooner than later.

R35

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
well, as far as the pic goes no can do, because our digital camera is at college with my sister so..... , but i've been tinkering and i think i may have it figured out,

just curious, could this grip possibly be causing my pulls from the other thread???

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It could, yes.

But, more importantly, when do we get to see pics of your college aged sister?

C'mon dude, priorities. :D

R35

Jeff Gallo

Swing Guru
Aug 26, 2004
you did say "baseball" grip and this gives me the impression that your right thumb may not be in the right position as is the case with many people who use ten-finger grips. so yes, this could contribute pulls in some cases but again this description is kind of vauge

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
after looking at many other baseball grip pics i can't really see much difference from mine, i guess i just have weird thumbs

🔥 Latest posts