• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grip questions or thoughts...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have been reading a few different things lately and have come up with a few questions on the proper grip. In Hogan's five lessons he states you should runt the club from the crook of your forefinger up under the heel pad in your palm. I have read from other instructors that the club should sit along the base of your fingers. These are two totally different positions-is one more correct/better than the other?

My other question is this- the V's formed by your hands; Hogan's five lessons states they should point at your nose. I have also heard that one V point to one shoulder and the other to the other shoulder and finally I heard that both V's should point to your right shoulder (for a righty).

I know we have some guys on here who know alot about golf, the swing and teaching so I would be curious to hear what everybody has to say. Thanks!

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I would say that my grip has the club resting along the bast of my fingers with the V's of my hand pointing at the middle of my chest in a normal shot, more towards my back shoulder when I want to hit a draw, and a bit front of center for a fade. I have big hands, and I found that if I move the grip any further up into my palm my fingers wrap around the grip and back into my hands making the grip awkward.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.