• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

grip removal tool

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
does golfsmith sell one of those pressurized injectors??

any products found in the home that could accomplish the same job for less $?

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
You can get the air blow gun nozzle at Harbor Freight Tools for cheap:

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

You can get the PVC end cap and a pices of PVC as a safety tube at Home Depot or Lowes for a couple bucks as well.

I found a guy on ebay that was selling the whole thing already set up for about $20+shipping:

Yellow Jacket STINGER 3-Grip removal and installer - eBay (item 140316728238 end time May-05-09 10:29:41 PDT)

Looks pretty nice and saves you running around collecting all the parts, but even if you don't buy it you can see the parts he uses.

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
I'm a "tape and solvent" guy. :laugh:

I've tried air and it works fine but I've had a lot better luck aligning grips with tape and solvent. I'm kind of anal about grips being on perfectly aligned and also use ribbed grips in my own clubs so it's harder to precisely align the grips with air (IMO). I have a gripping station that aligns the club square and with tape and solvent I can slide the grip on (mostly) straight then by sighting down the line of the shaft and with both my hands adjust the grip to perfectly straight within a few seconds.

If I ran a commercial shop and did 100's of grips a week there is no doubt I'd use air though, at least for most of the standard grips.

Let's see who's more of a geek about grips. I'm so particular it's ridiculous! .600 rounds, logo down b/c it distracts me, two wraps, seam up so it's perfectly round in my fingers. Oh yea, I don't wear a glove b/c the grip feels less round w/one????? Talk about a nut case.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.