• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GRIP?

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
OK i have a question for you guys. i have been working on my grip with other thing and i need to know. what grip is better? i read the hogan book and got this grip from it.

tashascamera001-1.jpg

But my top hand felt tight and i could not get a nice loose grip like i like. So i have moved my top hand and it feels great. i feel like i barely have the club in my hand but the have it tight enough it doesnt turn in my hands. so is this grip OK or do i work more with the first one i got out the hogan book.

tashascamera002.jpg

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Hogan, 2nd one looks very sloppy IMO. I use interlock but still use the Hogan position. When I take my grip I waggle without my right thumb and index finger on at all. So bascially the only control/connection of my right hand are the middle and ring finger on the club. I used to slice when I got too much right into the swing, now I hook it if it gets in there. I exagerrate this even more with a short iron and wedge, left is all controlling, let the clubhead hit the ball, not the hands.

Edit, the 1st one doesn't exactly look like Hogan either. That looks awfully strong to me.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
I like my bottom hands thumb on the shaft..it feels better to me..but I hit the ball better with my thumb over to the other side. I just started to do that with my driver..It has taken some time to get used to.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
No matter what grip type of grip I use I try to keep my palms parallel to each other. Is this happening here???

Not sure if that is an absolute but it works for me.Any comments???

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Remind me to never talk to Extreme. By the looks of that bracelet you're a gator fan. Us that wear all orange jerseys dont like that sissy blue color. :)

OP
extremeVFT03

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
Remind me to never talk to Extreme. By the looks of that bracelet you're a gator fan. Us that wear all orange jerseys dont like that sissy blue color. :)

no gators fan here :) i live where they love the VA CAVs and i have two more of these ordered. I like the michigan wolverines in football and the tarheels in basketball.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Ahh sorry I jumped the gun on that one gator fans get me going. I had an orange and white one and it ruined my iPhone. The magnets were too powerful and I wore it on my left hand and talked with that hand.

This is the reason the apple genius' gave me for my phone not getting service anywhere at all. They did give me a new replacement phone for free.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.