• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grips lasting me 7 weeks

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I hated full cords,ripped my hands to shreds (I don't wear gloves) so I went to New Decades,lasted 4 weeks,so i went to Lamkin Crosslines,lasted 7 weeks.

Pros must wear grips out in a month

I've now gone for Lamkin Crossline Sof Cord,hopefully they will offer a good balance of durability,wet weather grip and soft feel

kow_ciller

Master of the 3-putt
Mar 3, 2005
well,i have the New Decade Multi Compound grips, i dont know what you do to your grips but i play 4-5 times a week and they've lasted me 3 months already and they still look like new

Matthew_22

Mar 31, 2006
Yeah, I'm not too fond of full cords either.

Seriously though, I would think that grips would last a bit longer than that. Maybe you just got a bad set or something. How much did they cost?

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
The New Decades are appalling for durability.I practice 6 days a week,I hit approx 200 balls each day,and I swop the 3,5,7,9 irons over to the evens on alternate weeks.They lasted less than 2 months.The tackiness went in less than that and then the red part of the grip just wore a groove,appalling.The Lamkins just wore away were my left thumb is.

I get the grips from a good seller off Ebay,the Sof Cords for example were 43UKP for 13.I just practice a lot.

🔥 Latest posts