• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grips

Favorite Brand of Grips

• Golf Pride

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Karakal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lamkin

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sharpro

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Winn

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Hello
I know I had a thread about putter grips but I'm wondering what everyone's favorite brand of grips is? I'm sorry if this has been asked already. After you vote on a brand tell me what model you like. The grips with the votes are the ones I'll try out and choose from there.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
For me it's a toss up between Lamkin and Golf Pride. I recently put the Crossline cords on my irons and love them. I've got the decades on my wedges, 5W and 3W.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I use Golf Pride V55 full cord grips.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
I voted for Golf pride, only because I have the tour velvets that came with my clubs and have yet to try anything else.

OP
Topflite_D2

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Lamkins are real nice, although I voted for Sharpro. I wanna try some of those Lamkins Co-engineered by Michelin.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Golf Pride Tour Wrap Full Cord Midsized. If Sharpro had one in a Tour wrap Midsized I would give them a shot, but until then I will likely never change.

Then again, I now have 20 of these monsters in my basement and seeing as how they last about 2 years a grip (about 200-300 rounds depending on the club) I will not be changing any time soon.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
For me it's a toss up between Lamkin and Golf Pride. I recently put the Crossline cords on my irons and love them. I've got the decades on my wedges, 5W and 3W.

Thats funny, I did the same thing except with Sharpros. I too was torn between Lamkin, which I love. I have the Lamkin crossline cord (ribbed for my pleasure
icon10.gif
) on my irons and woods. I also have Sharpro dual cord grips on my wedges and I love them...

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I use Golf Pride V55 full cord grips.

Like many of you, I have quite a mix of grips considering I have went thru, and still have a few sets of clubs. But, I will say that the full cord GP's work best for me.

I actually have some fake leather grips on my current irons. Great on warm days, kill my hands when its cold out--like today. Freakin' 40degrees in central Indiana!!

Nice to be back, btw, been gone for awhile.

Chet

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I don't really care about the brand as long as it isn't a Winn - I've got mainly GP red/black decades on my irons + wedges and blue/black decades on my woods - when they wear out, I'll probably go with the Wishon full cords - they have a reduced taper so you don't need any extra layers of tape under the bottom hand - kinda nice - they're also firmer, and I think I prefer a single density firmer grip
After my current grips wear out I just can't see myself paying the premium for GP grips - if I can't get the wishons when I'm ready for grips, I'd probably go with Lamkins or sharpros or anything else
Tour Wrap Cords are pretty nice though

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Nothing but Winn for more than 10 years...... Their putter girps are exceptional (anything midsize will do for me) and I love all of their firm to extra firm grips on my irons and woods.

I have a feeling that all the Winn haters have never held in their hands any Winn grips other than the soft, squishy, regular Winn's?

🔥 Latest posts