• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grips

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Not sure if this has been discussed recently or not - in fact, come to mention it, I think it has - but anyway. What grips are there on the market that you especially like the look of. I *was* contemplating getting a new set of irons, but love mine to pieces, honestly ain't seen owt out there that either look or feel better, love my shafts, although the grips on two or three are becoming a tad worn.

You're supposed to replace them every 18 months or so, right ?! Well, I am sure hardly any of us adhere to that sort of advice, but I think mine could do with a hint of freshening up, perhaps. Currently have Tour Velvets on mine, but was looking at opting for the Tour Velvet full cord. It ain't like many other corded grips in that the club is easy to grip, and that it feels realitively soft in your hands, too. I love the plain, no nonsence look and appearance of my own current grips, though - they are a plain front with "Taylor Made" written ont' other side. Think I'm gonna go for it though. What grips do you guys like most....?

:)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I don't like full cords,they hurt my hands and shred the gloves.I use the Dual Multicompound,they are lovely grips.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Yeah, but these aren't like other cords - they are nice n' soft n' tacky.

Sure those ones you have are mostly cord. I have it on my gap & sand wedge, and on my Driver & 7-wood, too. They're nice, you're right. . .

Don

Aug 23, 2005
Andy: check out the Lambkin G3 1/4 cord grip. Only has the cord on the bottom on the grip at the butt end. Only your left fingers are on the cord, so they don't hurt your right hand or tear up your glove as much as full cords can. Also, check out the Golfsmith 1/2 cord grip. Same idea, only on this grip the whole butt end is cord, full way around. I've got the G3 1/4 cord on my new set of irons, and couldn't be happier with them. Worth a look.

longiron

May 2, 2005
I love these grips. With out a doubt the best grip i have ever had.
HPIM1283.JPG

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Speaking og grips...

What size comes standard (tour velvet) on most OEM clubs? I thought it was .580, but the pro in a shop downtown told me .600. He said he didn't stock .580 (although I bought grips there before and asked for standard and thought they were .580)

Anyways, I bought 4 .600's and regripped my driver, 2 of my wedges and 5W. I've sold the 5W, so I'm not worried about that, but the other clubs I regripped feel a wee bit "thicker" especially at the butt-end. They also measure in circumference about 10 mm more also. Maybe it's because the grips are new... am I being paranoid here?

Rock - seems you are the man on grips. What do you know?

Don

Aug 23, 2005
vt: Most shafts measure .600, but some L Flex shafts are .580. Grips come in sizes from .580 to .600. The .600 size should feel smaller if anything compared to the .580 grips. If you stretch a .580 grip onto a .600 shaft, it should feel bigger. If your grips feel too big, you might want to try a womans grip, which are made smaller to fit a womans smaller hand. I hope this helps some.

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
Has anybody seen the blue PING grips? there just putter grips but thats besides the point, there really grippy and feel so nice!.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Don said:
vt: Most shafts measure .600, but some L Flex shafts are .580. Grips come in sizes from .580 to .600. The .600 size should feel smaller if anything compared to the .580 grips. If you stretch a .580 grip onto a .600 shaft, it should feel bigger. If your grips feel too big, you might want to try a womans grip, which are made smaller to fit a womans smaller hand. I hope this helps some.

This is exactly what I was going to post, VT. Nice work, Don.

The hilighted part is also exactly what I recommend for your fairy hands, VT.:D

Cheers,

R35

PS....excellent work, Don. However, had you called out VT for having weiner hands in the first place, it would have been monumental. LOL. Great work!....:biglol:

the hummer

Leftygolfer
Nov 9, 2005
Andy_79 said:
Not sure if this has been discussed recently or not - in fact, come to mention it, I think it has - but anyway. What grips are there on the market that you especially like the look of. I *was* contemplating getting a new set of irons, but love mine to pieces, honestly ain't seen owt out there that either look or feel better, love my shafts, although the grips on two or three are becoming a tad worn.

You're supposed to replace them every 18 months or so, right ?! Well, I am sure hardly any of us adhere to that sort of advice, but I think mine could do with a hint of freshening up, perhaps. Currently have Tour Velvets on mine, but was looking at opting for the Tour Velvet full cord. It ain't like many other corded grips in that the club is easy to grip, and that it feels realitively soft in your hands, too. I love the plain, no nonsence look and appearance of my own current grips, though - they are a plain front with "Taylor Made" written ont' other side. Think I'm gonna go for it though. What grips do you guys like most....?

:)

I'm with dave. on this one. Full cords shred the hell out of gloves. Since I don't use a glove, they really roughen up my hands and as such, the wife doesn't like me touching her during golf season. She'll tell me, "those damn Golf Pride Tour Velvet corded grips again eh!...why don't you use just the plain jane Tour Velvets". So Andy, if you want some action during the summer, stick with the regular Tour Velvets .

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:
This is exactly what I was going to post, VT. Nice work, Don.

The hilighted part is also exactly what I recommend for your fairy hands, VT.:D

Cheers,

R35

PS....excellent work, Don. However, had you called out VT for having weiner hands in the first place, it would have been monumental. LOL. Great work!....:biglol:

Very well done.... it would be more effective though if you knew how to spell wiener. :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
VtDivot said:
Very well done.... it would be more effective though if you knew how to spell wiener. :)

Hey, don't hide the fact that you have woman hands.

Actually, I can see the fact....your hands don't hide much. :D

Wiener....happy?:D

R35

Tiger Who?

Oct 30, 2005
I've become a big fan of the Golf Pride New Decade red putter grips. They're really nice and have a very soft feel.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.