• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grips

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
What do you guys prefer for grips?

I'm looking around and need to regrip a set of irons. I had been using the Lamkin REL 3gens and liked those well enough, not to firm and pretty tacky. Then I thought I wanted ribbed, cord grips. I bought some off ebay but decided they were to firm for my liking. So, I am back to square one.

I may just go ahead and order some more of the Lamkins, they are $2.99 now which is a fair price but as always I am open to new things. I like a softer feeling grip but not mushy feeling, like Winns.

I won't spend $10 on a grip. So lets hear it, what do you guys use and prefer?

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
I'm really liking the Lamkin R.E.L grips the colored ones are a little hard to keep clean

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm really liking the Lamkin R.E.L grips the colored ones are a little hard to keep clean
I had the blue ones, i felt they didn't have the tackiness that the black ones had. It may have just been me though, I haven't heard that from anywhere else.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Im a big fan of the classic Lamkin crosslines. But having those golfpride multicompound on the driver and three wood have spoiled me

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Im a big fan of the classic Lamkin crosslines. But having those golfpride multicompound on the driver and three wood have spoiled me
Those are nice, the amount I play though I can't justify $90 to regrip my irons.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
Lamkin Crossline Midsize. I prefer the smoother feel on a grip as opposed to a corded grip. I could live with Tour Velvet, but the Crosslines just have a better tactile feel for me. I've never given anything else a really fair comparison, but I know that I like these so I don't feel bad for not experimenting.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Lampkin permawrap classic midsize. I would've never known that had they not come on the Pi7's when I bought 'em. Now they're hard to find and I want to get the 3i done (guy never regripped the 3i w/the set... so annoying) and the wedges. Maybe even woods. I found them on ebay, might pick up a bunch.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I like the Lamkin Crossline as well. I also like the GP Tour Velvet and the Karma Tours as well.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Good stuff guys! Lots of love for Lamkin here. I too like the Crossline, a good solid grip.

Not as many cord fans here as I thought there would be.

Anybody use ribbed grips?

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Don't tell me you've never heard if ribbed grips!
I think I just did. Perhaps they go by a different name? I had to have seen them by now at some point, but i'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Send me 13 of them in midsize and i'll check em out...:D

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I think I just did. Perhaps they go by a different name? I had to have seen them by now at some point, but i'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Send me 13 of them in midsize and i'll check em out...:D
Reminder rib, it falls into your knuckles to "remind" you where your grips go in your hand.

I go back and forth on using them and not.

🔥 Latest posts