• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grips

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Ok, I dig. Don't really care for them. One more thing to think about, nah.
You don't really think about it. Just take your grip and if it feels right your good.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
I've been playing the GP multi compound for a year or so. Love them, recently picked up 13 of the Sharpro multi compound for $39 shipped off eBay. Going to give them a shot.

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
I had the blue ones, i felt they didn't have the tackiness that the black ones had. It may have just been me though, I haven't heard that from anywhere else.

I don't know I use three wraps tape under the grips. I got the orange ones

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
I tried ribbed once and absolutely hated the reminders. I love Golfpride MCs but have recently played the Sharpro version to save some cash.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I HAZ A QUESTION?

How the hell do you get a midsize grip down in your fingers? If its not in your fingers it is in your palm right? If an iron shaft is in your palm are you holding it right?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Black duct tape, best grip ever.
Real story... Invited an engineer to play golf a few years ago. He told me he didn't play "much". We needed him to spec our equipment so I thought an afternoon on the course would give us time to visit. His bag was an old vinyl one. Of course some ancient blades that were probably 1950 vintage. Wood woods. His woods were all "gripped" with black friction tape. If you remember the forerunner of today's electrical tape, it was a rough feeling black sticky material. Don't know how many rolls he used. And, he actually hit the woods quite well.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I've had midsize and jumbo grips before. I thought they were great when I got them. Then I came to realize I was getting sold an idea that might be kinda backwards. The jumbo grip commercials were just coming out then. I hate shooting 80.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I HAZ A QUESTION?

How the hell do you get a midsize grip down in your fingers? If its not in your fingers it is in your palm right? If an iron shaft is in your palm are you holding it right?
Tricky... have you not read the classic 1972 book "The Happy Hooker"??!!?? Xaviera Hollander, the "professional lady" who authored the book, had done significant research over her career. She saw evidence of a direct correlation between a man's finger length and the length of his male 'parts'. My finger length is such that I should really be using JUMBO grips. However, I don't want to brag/show off so settle for midsize!!! :)

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
Good stuff guys! Lots of love for Lamkin here. I too like the Crossline, a good solid grip.

Not as many cord fans here as I thought there would be.

Anybody use ribbed grips?

DOOOOD!!!1!!!

Those aren't grips!!1111!!

🔥 Latest posts