• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
So I ho'd myself a Mizzy Betinardi from off've eBay the other day.

Stunning looking thing!!!

Anyways, the guy ships it to me, and then a few days later, says "have you rec'd it? Paypal won't release the money until you leave me a feedback".

So, I checked with the postroom at work, where it was shipped, and nothing has come for me. I email the guy and say that it hasn't arrived.

Next thing I know, he sends me a mail asking me to confirm the postcode, as the post office "couldn't find the address, so they matched it to this postcode..."

My work postcode is PR2 xxx in Preston, hence PR. He reckons they've shipped it to RG7 xxx!!!!! God knows where RG is and if I'll ever get it.....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

:miz:

OP
acarty

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
You would hope so, eh?! although if they'd shipped it and delivered it to somewhere, surely they can't bring it back cos someone somewhere has my putter!

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
It's a while since I've sold on eBay ... is this a new thing where Paypal don't release payment until feedback is left ?

Did ya ho from US or UK, might be holed up in Customs ? Did you include insurance in P&P, should be ok.

On the flip side - if you got the Bettinardi for a steal it might be a ruse from the seller.. either way best of luck with putter they're a sweet puppy

OP
acarty

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
Dave, looks like some weird PayPal thing although I wonder whether it's a swizz.

It was UK, and it was cheap!! hope it gets here!

OP
acarty

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
BC-3 dude. it looked sweeeeeet. it's being re-directed to me, so hopefully I might get it today!!!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
More eBay nazi tactics. They call it "high risk" protection. If you don't have a high number of positive feedbacks in a short period of time ("SELL MORE, SELL MORE!!!!") or the item you're selling is a "high risk" item (like a high-end guitar, or antique,) then they hold the PayPal funds until the buyer posts positive feedback. What really sucks about it is if the buyer posts neutral they can hold your money for a long time, and make you file a dispute to get paid. It's really just a tactic designed to make interest on the funds. You "hold" millions of dollars at a time, interest adds up.

eBay is really starting to piss me off.

OP
acarty

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
Still nothing. The guy emailed me to say he was meeting the Post Mistress today, and that it had my address, but the incorrect post code on it originally, despite me giving him the full address and post code.

Anyone beginning to think I've been diddled????

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Still nothing. The guy emailed me to say he was meeting the Post Mistress today, and that it had my address, but the incorrect post code on it originally, despite me giving him the full address and post code.

I'm thinking you might have been hosed :(

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia

Don't know. Pretty rare for them to contact you if they're screwing you.

Give it two more days then have the dispute claim handy...

OP
acarty

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
Good plan. Hopefully it'll get here.

Played with a girl off +2 at the weekend and she had one of these. they look real sweet.

🔥 Latest posts