• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Guess I'm done with tournaments...

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Wasn't offended in the least and honestly could not possibly care less. Just my experience that when people use that phrase it's merely a way of covering their ass, no offense of course. :rolleyes:

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The team consisted of two "bros" an overweight guy who appeared to be about 60, and a 4' tall Chinese guy with coke-bottle bottom glasses with his pants pulled up to his nipples.

But yeah, honor system -19 seems legit...
And, what's wrong with wearing your pants pulled up to your nipples? That's the "in style" in my age group!!!!!

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
Honestly, this thread makes everyone look like a bunch of whiny sore losers. I've put up honest low 60's with a bunch of guys that play once or twice a year. Put 4 guys together that are all scratch or close and I would expect they could shoot 18 under and probably lower than that. Throwing out insults of cheating without clear proof...that's pretty bold.

No offense intended. Just sayin.

If you don't believe there is cheating going on in these tournaments you are disillusioned. I've seen it personally on too many occasions. Especially those tournaments that have very nice prizes. I don't doubt if you put three scratch golfers together that you could get a low score, however most scrambles require 4 separate levels (A, B, C, & D) of players.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
If you don't believe there is cheating going on in these tournaments you are disillusioned. I've seen it personally on too many occasions. Especially those tournaments that have very nice prizes. I don't doubt if you put three scratch golfers together that you could get a low score, however most scrambles require 4 separate levels (A, B, C, & D) of players.

I don't deny that people cheat. I'm saying that not playing tournaments because of cheating is like selling your car because there are lots of car thieves and one might steal it.

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
I don't deny that people cheat. I'm saying that not playing tournaments because of cheating is like selling your car because there are lots of car thieves and one might steal it.

That's a bad analogy. I can insure against car thieves. I can't insure against cheats except by not playing in the tournaments.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
That's a bad analogy. I can insure against car thieves. I can't insure against cheats except by not playing in the tournaments.

lmao...ok. I don't really care if you or anyone else doesn't play in tournaments.

Bitching about it won't help. Nor will not playing in the tournament. So....you're not accomplishing much either way besides letting the cheaters win by default.

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
lmao...ok. I don't really care if you or anyone else doesn't play in tournaments.

Bitching about it won't help. Nor will not playing in the tournament. So....you're not accomplishing much either way besides letting the cheaters win by default.

I'm accomplishing not giving my money away to those who don't deserve it.

🔥 Latest posts