• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gut Check

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Went to my doc for the annual physical exam two weeks ago and everything came out OK. (Surprised that my liver is still in good shape!!).

Anyway, he recommended a colonoscopy to check for cancer. I have a good friend who had about a foot of his large intestine cut out seven years ago when he had a large cancerous tumor...then he had six months of nasty chemo.

So, tomorrow it is gut check time. I go in at 8 am and up they go in the old ahole for a tour...

I have been on a 'clear liquid' diet all day...I've had chicken broth, beef broth and green jello. I am so hungry I could eat shoe leather...and of course I cannot eat a thing until we are done tomorrow at about noon...

The good thing is that vodka is a clear liquid and I ought to get a nice buzz on an empty stomach tonite...

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Hee hee. You do know that colonoscopy is a totally un-necessary procedure, don't you? And that the guys that do them, are just *******s?

(just kidding. it's for your own good. keep telling yourself that.)

God, what was that old joke about the guy getting the rectal exam? I'ts gonna haunt me until I remember it...........................

Hey, Sling, you gotta fix this members only place, it won't let me type *******!

Oops! We aren't in members only anymore!

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
SiberianDVM said:
God, what was that old joke about the guy getting the rectal exam? I'ts gonna haunt me until I remember it...........................

Thanks a lot...with friends like you - who need enemies?

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
SiberianDVM said:
Hee hee. You do know that colonoscopy is a totally un-necessary procedure, don't you? And that the guys that do them, are just *******s?

(just kidding. it's for your own good. keep telling yourself that.)

Hey, Sling, you gotta fix this members only place, it won't let me type *******!

Oops! We aren't in members only anymore!
...just make sure the doc doesn't have both hands on your shoulders when he does it...

;)

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
bdcrowe said:
...just make sure the doc doesn't have both hands on your shoulders when he does it...
;)

LOL...he will be administering the Anesthesia and told me I would be awake...so I will give him a hard time if I don't see em both at all times.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Bravo said:
Thanks a lot...with friends like you - who need enemies?

Uh, they did tell you about the 3 enemas before the procedure, didn't they?

Don't worry, I'm sure they will be gentle. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Bravo said:
So, tomorrow it is gut check time. I go in at 8 am and up they go in the old ahole for a tour...

So some guy's gonna have his hands up your ass end and a bunch of tools?

Is it Friday already?:D

All kidding aside, good work B. I think this is something important that all men should have done or looked into after 40. My dad had his, had an abnormal test and drug treatment got him out of the woods.

My hat's off to you, sire...:usflag:

R35

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Rockford35 said:
So some guy's gonna have his hands up your ass end and a bunch of tools?

Is it Friday already?:D

All kidding aside, good work B. I think this is something important that all men should have done or looked into after 40. My dad had his, had an abnormal test and drug treatment got him out of the woods.

My hat's off to you, sire...:usflag:

R35

When I saw how hard it knocked down my friend at age 45 - it got my attention. He had a tumor the size of a baseball and they took out a bunch of his gut...then the chemo was brutal for six months.

The doc says this is a slow growing cancer and if I am clear, I am good to go for another five years.

Worth it for a bit of peace of mind on this issue in my view...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Agreed. That's totally worth it.

Maybe they'll find something that you lost. Old car keys, golf tees, ect...:D

R35

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
SiberianDVM said:
Uh, they did tell you about the 3 enemas before the procedure, didn't they?

Don't worry, I'm sure they will be gentle. :D

Well - I just took the first laxative...and told my wife to check the toilet paper inventory.

Got a feelling that Johhny and I are going to be well acquainted over the next few hours.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Good, luck B. This is one of these experiences wherein you'll look at all those who come after with the same look you used to give the pledge class back in school. ;)

Oh, and look out for the last glass of the prep. Mmmmmmmmmm. Yummy.

Rockford35 said:
I think this is something important that all men should have done or looked into after 40.

50, dude, unless you have a family history. Let's not rush the fun.... :wow:

Witmaster

Esprit de Corps
Jan 19, 2006
Vodka Martinis do NOT constitute a "clear liquid diet" (or so my doctor tells me).

Good luck with all.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Bravo said:
Well - I just took the first laxative...and told my wife to check the toilet paper inventory.

Got a feelling that Johhny and I are going to be well acquainted over the next few hours.
If it is the same as a friend from work was given for his, it would be magnesium citrate?

That stuff rocks! After hearing reports of the movements, we started taking the stuff just to play "voice-mail wars". You should try it with your coworkers.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Farquod said:
50, dude, unless you have a family history. Let's not rush the fun.... :wow:

Maybe in the States.

Free healthcare in Canada, yo. :D