• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Guys, help me with a putter

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Alright, i know that there is ho'ing, but i'm starting to disgust myself. For putters, i have bought:

Scotty Cameron Mid Sur
Mentor Sports Triad 2
Yes! Natalie
Odyssey 2-Ball
Ken Giannini Milled
TaylorMade Rossa Monza
2 TaylorMade Rossa Daytona CGB's
Snake Eyes MCS1
Odyssey White Hot #5
Odyssey DFX 6600
Dynacraft Black Steel
Never Compromise TDP 3.2
Tad Moore TM21
Scotty Cameron Newport Pro Platinum
Ping A-Blade
Ping Craz-E
Cobra Classic Milled
Snake Eyes Viper SS-1
Ping Zing
Scotty Cameron Bullseye Flange
TaylorMade Nubbins

and i'm sure i've had plenty of others, i just can't recall them

guess what.....i still can't putt. None of these do particularly bad, just there isnt anything that seperates one from the rest.

I'm looking at:

Callaway Tour Blue
MacGregor M5K, M6.4K, etc.
Dunlop Redneck

any suggestions?

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
Suggestions???

hmmm...putting lessons perhaps? Just kidding;)

Actually I haven't tried half of the putters on your list, including the three you're looking at. Of those three, I like the looks of the Callaway True Blue if that means anything to you.

But what the heck, buy all three.:D :D

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
thanks, just what i needed to hear, lol, buy all 3. It's not that i'm a bad putter, just that i've been able to find other clubs that seem to maximize my performance(though they change with swing changes), but even though i dont change my putting stroke i haven't been able to find a good putter for me yet. WTF?

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
What is it you are trying to accomplish? Are you pulling, pushing or is it feel?

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Jeez, having / trying that amount of putters is scandlous !! Fair f*cks to ya, though - at least you're going all out to try and finally reach one that ya like.
Those Callaway Tour Blues are big, big dough, but if money's no object - and judging by the long list of past putters there, it seems it doesn't - give one a go. They haven't got great reviews in anything I have seen, but at the end of the day one man's trash is another man's treasue ;)
I thought I was being a bit of a kn0b for wanting to head away from using the Scotty cameron I just bought, but seemingly there are worse folk than me. :australia :australia :australia

GregInOz

Dang Fool
Aug 24, 2005
I go through at least a round every few weeks where I just can't putt. No rhyme or reason, just can't do it. I have two putters and whenever it all goes in the can, I just switch them. They're both el-cheapo putters, its just a matter of them being different - different weights, lie angles, heel shafted versus more centre shafted.

My point is, have you considered keeping a couple that you really like that are somewhat different and, when it goes to crap, swapping the offender out? Magic in a putter rarely lasts long, but a trip to the garage for a while can top it up.

That or keep going with the revolving door system.:)

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
when you've tried that many putters, i'd say your best bet is to start puttign with household objects , for example the other day while messing around after putting together a computer desk i got on my knees and used the side of a hammer and sunk 7, 8 footers in a row, finding it too easy i then started using the normal part where the hammer hits the nail and made 4 more i imagine you could start with the kitchen and find some good stuff in there and work your way to the garage

anyone know if that is a legal club option.....? the feel on that thing was better than a pured TA1 :wow:

awww.anatomorphex.com_picts_hero_props_HP028_NIKE_HAMMER.jpg

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
LOL@ Younggun, that's priceless

OB-i'm looking for a putter that optimizes my performance. I dont really care about feel or looks unless they're so bad it messes with my head. But i've been able to find drivers and irons and wedges that maximize my performance when i swing the same way, but haven't found a putter that can do that, even though my putting stroke is the most consistent part of my game. I'm not putting badly, it's just that i havent been able to find one putter that works best for me. Any ideas what gives?

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
you've probably just tried too many damn putters

it's a lot harder to pick the best one out of 40 than it is to pick the best one out of 2

liltiger47

Oct 4, 2005
Have your ever tried the new Scotty Studio Style? I LOVE LOVE mine, greatest blade i have EVER owned!

🔥 Latest posts