• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Had my best round ever this morning

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
I could not round up anyone to play with for this morning, so I booked at time with a twosome that already had a time. No big deal as I have played plenty of golf over the years with people I did not know. I chipped some to start the day. Probably about 40-50 chips. Hit a small bucket of balls and putted a little.

This was going to be my first round with my new 909 driver. It would end up being memorable. I was 2 under after 3 holes. Bogeyed 7 and 8 and finished the fron even. Birdied 11. Then just kept making pars. As we approached the 16th green they blew the lightning siren. I was 1 under for the round. There was no way I was going to call it a day. My playing partners bolted for the clubhouse and so did the group ahead of us. It had not started to rain yet, so I continued. I parred 17 a par 3. Then I sank a nice 20 footer for birdie on 18 to shoot my best round ever. 30 minutes later it was pouring.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
"Looks like you could break the club record, your excellency." Great round.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Stellar playing. I did something similar to this today, though I didn't finish as strong as you. I only played nine; started out bogey bogey, then went birdie-par-birdie-par. First birdie, I stuck a PW from 120 to 6 inches. Second birdie was on a par 3. Got on the bogey train for 6, 7, and 8, but made a par on 9 to go +3. I chipped so poorly on those bogey holes and still almost made the putts.

Putting can do WONDERS! In my last 18 holes, I'm +7 with 30 putts; 12 yesterday, 16 today. Must be something going around.

OP
gpo

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
The interesting thing lately is that I have been making a decent amount of birdies. I have made 3, 3, and 4 in my last 3 rounds. Historically I have probably averaged about 0.5 to 1 birdies per round. Two would be a lot for me. When playing well I would just make par after par.

Putting was huge. I only missed one putt under 10 feet last round.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Yep, certainly reminds of that scene from Caddy Shack.

Great round. Congrats!!

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online