• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Had my first golf lesson - my back aches!!

Posiview

Sep 3, 2005
I've been golfing for about 8 months and finally got around to having a lesson.

I focused on my swing - the major problems he saw were that my backside was sticking out wwwaaaaayyyy too much and my follow through was almost non-existant.

He gave me some great tips and towards the end I felt much better. The base of my spine was somewhat painful though. He said thats becasue you're use to a different stance. It will go as yuu practice the new stance. My new stance is, eccentially much more upright.

He also said that I really need to release my grip a lot!! I tend to grab hold and strangle to club.. When I did hold it lightly the balls flew much further.

If I could give new starters a tip it would be to have a lesson before you even pick up a club

Roy

Grip it and Rip it
May 29, 2005
Sounds awsome, I also need to get my lazy Bum to a Trainer. Cheers.

OP
P

Posiview

Sep 3, 2005
Well I had my 1st game after the leson on a new course and I played much better!!

Amanda

Oct 15, 2005
It does help if you know what you're doing first. But then again some people do really well without ever having a lesson. I would say having a lesson first helps.

Jay McNasty

High Altitude Hacker
Aug 22, 2005
I will be going for my first lesson during the offseason. I've been playing for a while, but hope it won't be too hard to unlearn bad things in my swing. I hope it's not as painful either!

🔥 Latest posts