• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Half my bag gone!

Garrett

Sep 15, 2006
This might be a noob question but what is spining? And what can you get out of doing it?

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Dont worry man, im an accomplished player and dont even fully understand spining, something about getting the shaft in optimal position in relation to the clubhead against twisting or soemthing i tihnk?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
This might be a noob question but what is spining? And what can you get out of doing it?

It is nearly impossible to produce a golf shaft (graphite) that is perfectly round. You will always end up with a side of the shaft that is stiffer than the others. These are called the spines. Most graphite shafts will have 2 spines. One much firmer than the other. These shafts will also have 2 natural or neutral bend points that will run 90* from the spines, again one will be more obvious than the other. Once you have located and marked the spine and the NBP's, you can then install the shaft. Many clubmakers prefer to install the shaft with the hardest of the 2 spines facing straight up (12 o'clock), and largest of the NBP's facing the target. In testing this has been shown to make the most consistant club.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Well, i got 1/4 of my bag back, driver, wedges and putter. Putter they couldnt do anything for, nobody there could think of a way to just simply turn the grip like 15*... Wedges regripped nicely.

The driver... IS ONLY 43" LONG! I had no idea, i tohught it was 46" (musta measured wrong). but it makes sense considering i wasnt hitting it near as long as the r7 and dead centre almost everytime...

Update - I did buy the BiMatrix X shaft, so when i get it into my driver (will have it at playing length of 44.5") I will give you guys a true update on how it plays and put in a review.

🔥 Latest posts