• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

hand/wrist action and slicing

OP
B

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
2. Set up with your normal grip then take one hand off and make smooth full turn swings with one arm focusing on a full turn and rythem. Do one arm and then do the other arm then put both hands back on the club and hit some balls.

That is one of the only two drills I do. The other is fluidly swing both ways.

It turned out to be the right hand grip - it had snuck around left on me. I honestly hadn't thought of that until I typed this thread and replied to a few of the ideas, so this definitely flushed it out and I appreciate everyone's input. That was causing crappy wrist motion, and in turn the crappy wrist motion was causing all manner of other problems - most (if not all) of which were listed out by you guys in this thread - it's very nice to find the one problem that fixes ten rather than trying to chase all ten.

A few cracks with my hands back in the correct spot and all was well again. I've been going through this shit for three weeks - I wish I had thrown it out there back then instead of being more and more pissed off the whole time.

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions.

johnny

Dec 22, 2008
I'm going to go along with the guys who say you might be swinging too hard. Thats what usually causes my sudden giant-slice issues. I concentrate (swing thoughts over the ball) (1) relax (2) take it back and swing easy (3) stay down and thru.
btw, i also have another swing key i use occasionally that helps. i think "just drop the club head on the ball and hit it into right field (actually rightcenter). it seems to help keep me from cutting across the ball (which creates the dreaded slice-spin).

stllefty

Dec 30, 2008
St. Louis Missouri
Country
United States United States
Without reading all these posted words of wisdom (cant do it)
You need to check two things !! First the ball position ,with your forward
hand on the club, make sure you have 2 1/2 to 3 knuckles showing.
holding the club with a straight arm(forward arm) up right in front of you at a 90 degree
angle from the body, check the lower cut line. the part of the thats hits the ground , it should b pointing up and down. not at 1 & 7oclock(right handed) , thats an open face, not at 11 oclock & 5 , thats a close face. Set the club down without turning the wrist, just set it down. that is your ball position. Add your rear hand to this hand. Your middle finger of the rear hand should b sq. with your shoulders and swing line.
Swing the club back without wrist action, set it between the shoulders and the ear at the top. Start the body ,for the down swing. See ya later slice!!!!!!!

stllefty

Dec 30, 2008
St. Louis Missouri
Country
United States United States
A Slice comes from a few different things or a combination of these.
Lets name them,
#1 Weak Grip ,
#2 Open Stance,
#3 Open Club face, at address
#4 Outside, In swing,
#5 Blocking Out (not swinging thru)
#6 Lack of weight shift ( laying back of the rear side)
#7 not staying down and thru the ball
Their all easy checks , I can see a small fade,
get that slice out of here!!!!!!!!
If you let the club swing youll see improvments right away.
Everything is 90 dregrees to your line,hands,shoulders,hips, feet ect.
Just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.