• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Handicap Goals 2010

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
So.. while most parts have snow on the ground, and colder than a witches tit temperatures... Some are getting new sticks, getting the bag stocked up, and thinking about going to the range soon.

What's your goal this year, if you have any?

More lessons? New clubs to fix something? Lower you 'cap 2 strokes? Play a certain amount more/less? Nothing at all?

I'm looking to drop around 5 strokes this year, although I know thats a big number, I think it's pretty attainable.. I've got 9, 45-minute lessons paid for, and just need to use them when I feel like it, or need adjustments and help. Going to use one up in the next week or two, and get the ball moving.

Joined a private club, and will be able to go to the range more often, as well as bunker and putting practice.. I think that should be the biggest help, with being able to practice what I learn. I'll also be able to play MUCH more.

I think if it all goes well, I'm planning on doing some tournaments, like the Club Champ, and some of the Member/Member & Member/Guest ones.

So.. what are YOU going to do? Just buy some new clubs and keep hackin' away? :)

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Bring my short game up to par with the long stuff. Just a few months ago my short stuff was the savior of my scores, but since I went to that clinic in November the roles have reversed. Which is actually pretty awesome -- if I kept a handicap I believe it would drop drastically (still high, but not stagnant at VERY high like it has been for the past several years) this year. That and playing more are my goals for this year.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I'm just looking to establish a legal HC and get into single digits.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Well, we start with the USGA handicapping system at some point this year, so I suppose I cant say anything until I find out what my Cap is going to be. My goal could be to maintain my current cap, or get back down to what I am now, depending on how it ends up.

I suppose my goal should just be to play 10 great rounds, then I'll be set no matter what. :biggrin:

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Well, I seem to be finding the fairway with my drives more frequently now. If I can eliminate the 3-4 fat shots a round where I take a divot all the way to China, and learn how to read a green I should be good to go.

Serously, I am going to join the eGolf Seniors Amateur Tour this year. My only goal is to not embaress myself, and maybe, just maybe if the planets align just right, win a tourny in my flight.

My main goal is to finally break 80 this summer.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Sand game and good contact. My sand game was worse than horrible last year. I mean like I had to tell people heads up cause I just didn't know. I thought I made real good contact a lot last year and it contributed greatly to me getting considerably better in one years time. I just want to consistantly make that good contact, to the point where I can start trying to dial in the aimer better and hit more greens.

loopy

Jan 27, 2010
Short game, shortgame, and more short game practice. I usually strike the ball pretty well, but I 'm giving up a lot of strokes on and around the green. Course management would be another, but that's easier said than done.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Hopefully less blow up holes. Would love to have it as a bogey as my 'blow up' hole.

cheymike

Nov 11, 2009
I started playing again last year after a 30+ yr absense. When I began, I was shooting 120s and occasionally into 130 range. :1898_: My goal was to break 100. I did it and towards the end of the year was in the high 90s/low 100s pretty consistently. :smile: My goal for this year is to break 90. If I somehow manage to do that fairly early in the year, then I'm gonna shoot for 80! Yeah... I know... 20 in one year is crazy thinking, but what the heck. I have NEVER been accused of being sane. LOL! Besides... I did the 20 last year. :wink:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.