• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Handicap question....

P_102

Jun 7, 2005
I built a handicap system for my 4-some, we play every Thursday at 1 of 2 courses, we sometimes play other courses on our own so not all of our scores are from the same course. Should I designate one of our regular courses as a "home" course and make "course handicap" adjustments from the others?

P_102

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
How did you build your handicap system?

Is it in an excel spreadsheet? Did you use the USGA's Slope and Rating system when you constructed it?

OP
P

P_102

Jun 7, 2005
Exactly Bravo....use adj. score, rating and slope to get index, then multiply by .96. According to USGA web site, hcp is adjusted (using slope) when you play courses other than your "home" course. So, when we play other courses do we need to make that adjustment for our home course to get hcp?

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
P_102 said:
Exactly Bravo....use adj. score, rating and slope to get index, then multiply by .96. According to USGA web site, hcp is adjusted (using slope) when you play courses other than your "home" course. So, when we play other courses do we need to make that adjustment for our home course to get hcp?

To be honest, if you are playing with your mates I don't understand why your quibbling over a stroke here and there. They're your mates, right?

Play your handicaps as they are, say I! If you are playing the same 1 or 2 courses each week, it's not as if you are not familiar with the track.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
P_102 said:

You have me stumped on this one. I am not that familiar with the exact details of it...I just enter my scores into the computer after the round or from the internet at home...and my handicap has gone up and down quite a bit over the past year - so tracking it is definitely worthwhile.

OP
P

P_102

Jun 7, 2005
We're not quibbling over strokes at all, I just want to make sure it is done correctly...also, a course I play is substantially easier with a much lower rating and this can have a serious effect on hcp if not donr properly

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
P_102 said:
We're not quibbling over strokes at all, I just want to make sure it is done correctly...also, a course I play is substantially easier with a much lower rating and this can have a serious effect on hcp if not donr properly
If this is just for you and your mates, there are several free recreational handicap sites up. So, no need reinventing the wheel, IMO.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.