• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Handicap...Tournaments

scgamecock

Feb 5, 2009
I started playing golf in about 2005. I really only started to play because a few of my buddies always seemed to have a great time playing. Didn't grow up in the country club environment,(quite the contrary) so my only outlets were to play with my buds who were members, or at public courses where they allow hackers in jorts to play.

Needless to say, I never thought about my score, just having fun. I'm curious to know where you could log your score and compute your actual handicap besides a CC, the only place ive seen people do it.

All my buddies were pretty good, and we usually gambled a bit, so to avoid my partner being pissed the whole round, and to actually get asked to join their foursomes, i was forced to hit it pretty good. As a result, I shoot low 80's, rarely high 70's, but i want to have an officail handicap.

Since i was blind to most facets of golf (etiquette, equipment, handicaps, etc.), until about a year or two ago, i thought an 85 was a terrible score. Is there any competitive tournaments, not at country clubs, close to or in south carolina that people who shoot in the 80-90 range enter?

Sorry for the ridiculously lengthy thread, any feedback will be greatly appreciated

OP
S

scgamecock

Feb 5, 2009
Go to The Amateur Golf Tour, flighted stroke play tournaments for players of all ages and handicaps and look for the Columbia, Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach, or Charleston tours. Also have one in Charlotte, NC.

Great fun, and if you can shoot 85s, you will be right at home in B flight.

If you join the Columbia Tour, tell the tour director, John Livoti, that Julian Reville sent you.

Thanks a lot man, didn't know something like that even existed. I wish i could find some cool capt. choice, or some team formatted tournaments too. I only know of one in charleston that has that kind of win prizes, drink beer, closest to the pin contests, feel. Excluding club tournaments of course.

🔥 Latest posts