• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hangover round two...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Stickhandled my way to a crisp 79 today. +5 on 3 par 3's combined. Cripes, what a day.

I wish the greens were in better shape. I burned more edges today I think than I did all last year. It was sickening. That helped me to 3 3 putts today. Barf.

Driver is back in black. Hammering that POS. Need the greens to come in, and some touch work around the greens on the "lotsa green, but little carry" feel shots. I was out to lunch with those today for some reason.

I also found 3 more Titleist balls today. One ProV1 and two NXT's. Those balls are so great, people are just throwing them away. ;)

79. What a joke. :(

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sorry man, that might have been in poor taste. My apologies to everyone. :(

I played like a horses ass today. More like a monkey's ass, one of those blue and red baboon types that look hideous.

Ya, pretty much like that.

R35

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
76 and 74 in a 36 hole marathon today. Won 30 dollars in a playoff in the first 18 and came out even in the afternoon 18.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nice shootin, Tex.

How's the game coming along?

R35

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
rockford35 said:
Nice shootin, Tex.

How's the game coming along?

R35
- My drive has a little tail to the right which is costing me 20 yards off the tee. Still good.
- Putting is about as bad as one could hope, I am hopeing putts from 2/3 feet allready.
- Scared to hit my PT 15 3 wood.
- Irons are getting sloppy because my legs are tired
- I look like Seve Ballesteros around the greens, scary how well I am chipping the ball.

Other then that I'm not doing to bad, happy to be out.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
...............I played like a horses ass today. More like a monkey's ass, one of those blue and red baboon types that look hideous.
R35

Can a baboon ass clench ? .... great shooting Rock ... imagine how good you'd be if you were an American with that 12 month sunshine on yer back ;)

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Sorry man, that might have been in poor taste. My apologies to everyone. :(

I played like a horses ass today. More like a monkey's ass, one of those blue and red baboon types that look hideous.

R35

Zoning back in on reality I see.

Yeah, 79 would really piss me off too since it's 5 strokes under my best round ever. ASSHAT. :p

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
It's the classic second round sophomore slump...give it another round or two and you will be back in form.

I have to hand it to you - your offseason/indoor practicing really does pay off though...from your post - it appears your issues are primarly related to the condition of the greens which is unavoidable this time of year.

In contrast, my entire game sux and I have been playing steadily all winter long.

My handicap is my brain.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I think it's both the greens and some rust. I mean, where did this "wind" come from? I don't have any of that in the basement unless I'm farting up a storm.

I think indoor is great to keep your form, but the elements are usually what seperates a good day from a bad one.

I probably won't get out till next week sometime at the earliest, but the range will be my home for a while.

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Bravo said:
It's the classic second round sophomore slump...give it another round or two and you will be back in form.

I have to hand it to you - your offseason/indoor practicing really does pay off though...from your post - it appears your issues are primarly related to the condition of the greens which is unavoidable this time of year.

In contrast, my entire game sux and I have been playing steadily all winter long.

My handicap is my brain.

I'm beginning to wonder if a winter layoff is such a bad thing. My last couple of times out have been better but I'm still not where I was at the end of last summer.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Winter?

Don't even start, Dave.... :p

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Winter?

Don't even start, Dave.... :p

R35

We have to call the season something and it does hit freezing several times a year. It snowed once too. It was all melted in a couple of hours and I played golf the next day, but it snowed. :D

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Just because it snows doesnt mean its winter. come back when its so cold down there, no vehlice wil start, your skin freezes (literaly) in less than 1 minutes outside if exposed. Than we'll talk.

🔥 Latest posts