• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Happy Father's Day!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Happy Father's Day fellas!

Got up, went to brunch and then visited The Parthenon in Nashville. Beat the rain home and made it in time to watch Fowler tee off on one.

Rest of the day...watching the US Open and then dinner and maybe a beer.

Life is good!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Girls and their families took Mom and I out to eat last weekend for Father's Day. Daughter here in town and granddaughters were over earlier this afternoon. Other daughter called. Expect call from son early evening.

The oldest daughter got a huge promotion and salary increase at work this week. Both daughters are now making significantly more than their husbands. All three kids have done well with careers... and families.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Happy belated Fathers Day to all the dads!

I was up at 5 to get ribs on the smoker for lunch. Watched some of the US Open and some of the Brewers before I had to report to the field to play softball. We had a great game even though we lost by 3, we hung in there with the best team in the league who run ruled us 19-1 in our first match up.

My spare ribs were great, very tasty. Tried some baby back ribs...I don't see the appeal...less meat, leaner meat, and more work. Give me a full set of spares any day. None of that St. Louis cut either...leave all that belly meat on there. Venison ring bologna was damn good too.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
My spare ribs were great, very tasty. Tried some baby back ribs...I don't see the appeal...less meat, leaner meat, and more work. Give me a full set of spares any day. None of that St. Louis cut either...leave all that belly meat on there. Venison ring bologna was damn good too.

I'm drooling. Save me a seat at the table next year.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I'm drooling. Save me a seat at the table next year.
Spare ribs are ungodly delicious and so simple. Salt, pepper, granulated onion, granulated garlic, cayenne for a rub. 3 hours in the smoke(hickory is great) @ 225ºF, then wrap them in foil with some apple cider vinegar for another 2 hours, then if you're going to sauce them, you unwrap, sauce, and caramelize the sauce. Done.

I'm going to get a brisket and try doing that. I'm a huge fan of brisket. The killer is a full packer brisket is going to take 12+ hours...that's a lot of tending a smoker.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
DO-WANT_o_142046.jpg

🔥 Latest posts