• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Happy Mother's Day Win for Tiger Woods

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
a4.bp.blogspot.com__yM6_J5mo3sg_UZFOnDNzs2I_AAAAAAAAGDc_qx3yYGRW4bA_s320_TigerWoods.jpg

I'M COVERING THE MOTHER'S DAY angle of Tiger Woods's victory at The Players Championship. It might be the only angle left.

Moderated by Laura Neal of the PGA Tour, Tiger talked to the media after he wrapped up his second win at TPC Sawgrass and 78th career title on the PGA Tour.

"Tiger," Neal said, "you said you might have caused your mom (Kultida) a heart attack out there. Give us some reaction to the hard‑fought day you had out there."

"Yeah, she's probably not too happy with me," Woods said, "especially after the tee shot at 14. But it was a tough battle. I mean, the golf course played tricky today. It was fast and difficult, and I hit it so good today, it was fun. I hit it high, low, left to right, right to left, whatever I wanted, except for that tee shot at 14. I didn't really miss a whole lot of shots. I pured a lot of putts, too. Could have been something pretty low today, just had a bunch of lip‑outs. But they were all good putts, and we were joking on the front nine, through nine, Joey [LaCava] said, you might want to hit a bad putt, maybe it might go in. So I hit one on 14 (laughing)."

A member of the press later posed this question to Woods: "You've obviously won a couple big tournaments when your dad was still with you. Can you talk about how it feels to win a big tournament on Mother's Day?"

"It's fantastic," Tiger replied. "I haven't got a chance to talk to her yet. I will after the round. I talked to her this morning. I'm sure that she'll give me a ration of grief for the shot on 14 and what I did with her blood pressure, but I'm sure it's all good now, though.

Yep, all good.

Other stuff happened, stuff that people talked a lot about on TV, and also wrote a lot about, for that matter.

But, in the end, Tiger probably fears his mom way more than anyone or anything on a golf course. Which probably has something to do with why he's such a relentless closer on Sundays.

So while yesterday looked like Tiger's day, Tiger knew it was actually her day.

Happy Mother's Day, Kultida. Er, belated.

afeeds_feedburner_com__ff_ArmchairGolfBlog_90875f527880786621fd034e7fa2f873._.gif

Source: Happy Mother's Day Win for Tiger Woods

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.