• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Happy New Years!!!

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My goals this year are simple:

1. spend as much time as I can with my wife and daughter.
2. play more golf
3. get serious about my health and lose weight
I'll tell ya, as it concerns the weight, it takes breaking of habits. I drive a lot for work so I frequent gas stations all too much. For me it was as simple as not buying Doritos, a Nutty Bar, and a Dew just because I was there. Better yet, not making stops I didn't need to just to stuff my face with junk. The hardest is enduring until you actually see that first 5 come off. Once you realize it's really possible you get to where you're letting yourself down if you do snack for no reason.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'll tell ya, as it concerns the weight, it takes breaking of habits. I drive a lot for work so I frequent gas stations all too much. For me it was as simple as not buying Doritos, a Nutty Bar, and a Dew just because I was there. Better yet, not making stops I didn't need to just to stuff my face with junk. The hardest is enduring until you actually see that first 5 come off. Once you realize it's really possible you get to where you're letting yourself down if you do snack for no reason.
My issue is late night snacks. I am trying hard not to hit the fridge/cupboard after dinner. He'll if I can quit smoking cold turkey I should be able to lay off the chips and ice cream!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Happy New Years guys!!! I've enjoyed getting to know you guys over the last couple of months.

My goals:

1. Play more golf this year than I did in 2013.
2. Get my cap down to single digits. Currently at 12.
3. Get back down to my fighting weight. Currently down 45lbs but still have a bit to go.
4. Sell our house, we outgrew it the day we moved in 7 years ago and with my little family expanding in May it's time for a bigger place.
5. Cut down on my beer intake (well maybe/maybe not) lol

Looking forward to a happy and prosperous 2014!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Jim, I'll probably create a new thread about this but I heartily recommend the Jawbone Up. It really gets a person moving, tracks sleep, can be used as a good diary and so much more. Worth every cent and because it keeps you aware it'll keep a person falling back into bad habits once the weight is gone.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Jim, I'll probably create a new thread about this but I heartily recommend the Jawbone Up. It really gets a person moving, tracks sleep, can be used as a good diary and so much more. Worth every cent and because it keeps you aware it'll keep a person falling back into bad habits once the weight is gone.
I'm curious what this is, tell me more!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have map my run so or tracks when I walk how far, calories burned etc. I had a calorie tracker too but it got annoying entering what I ate all the time.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I use myfitnesspal, a little tedious at times but definitely helps. The jawbone up looks pretty cool though.
My fitness pal, that's the one I was using too. It's amazing when you start tracking calories and serving size, how little an actual serving is and how easy it is to over eat!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Nothing earth shattering for me. Cut back on coffee, cut out sweets and sodas, cut back on the adult beverages, and just try to eat a little better (lower carb intake, etc.). Get to the health club more often, get out on the bike more often as well. Shoot a 75 this year (shot 78 3 times last year). Join a club, establish a USGA handicap and play in the city amateur.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online