• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Just wanted to say "Happy Thanksgiving" to all those that have a holiday this weekend. We (me, the wife and our 2 boys...girls are with their mom :( ) are heading out today for the beach house to spend the weekend with my parents. Some friends will joins us tomorrow for lunch. The rest of the weekend will be shopping, goofing off, and hopefully playing some golf.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!!!!

And to those who don't have a holiday this weekend, I hope your weekend is great, also!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Happy Thanksgiving, too, to all the ShotTalkers!!! We, as a family, have much to be thankful for this holiday season.
  1. We all woke up this morning! At my age, each day is something to be thankful for.
  2. Our son returned safely, this past Spring, from his tour in Iraq. He'll be coming home for a few days around Christmas. Expects to head back to Iraq or to Afghanistan early 2009.
  3. Six year old grandaughter underwent successful eye surgery last week.
  4. The old Silverado gained another 40,000+ miles and should still have another 70,000 or so in her.
  5. I tossed no clubs... broke no clubs... cussed no clubs... the entire season. A rather fun season was had, pepetuating this addiction we refer to as golf. Only problem... not enough opportunities to play. Probably only got in ~100 rounds.
Wife and I are staying home, tomorrow. Will "entertain" an elderly (yes, there are folks older than I!) couple for lunch. Then, daughter and grandaughters will join us late afternoon. Hope to play golf Friday. Wife works but I have the day off. Will travel to the other daughter's home on Saturday for Thanksgiving there.

All you traveling, do so safely. All you eating, do so with moderation. Any of you playing golf on Thursday... I hate you!!!!:prop::prop:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
My best Thanksgiving wishes to all, whether you are eating turkey tomorrow or not.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Happy Turkey Day Everyone!!!

Question was posed on the radio this morning: Would you rather Kill and process your own turkey for dinner or eat nothing but spam for the holiday?

52 people actually called in and said they would rather eat nothing but spam than kill their own turkey...

I sure hope the economy doesnt break down in this country...lots of people going to be going hungry.

Me personally, i am thankful for my family. My uncle teaching me how to kill and butcher animals, my father for teaching me a good solid work ethic, and my mother for well, everything because i cant list all the things she did for me. My daughter for bringing absolute happiness into my life, and my wonderful g/f, she does way more than she should and i dont know what i would do without her.

And last but not least, i am thankful for all of you. Everyone of you has made a positive impact on my life, well, besides the canadians:)D JK, you guys are cool too!). Thank you.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

This will be the first time in 43 years we have not done Turkey. Decided if it is going to fit into our new system of going to places we can golf on Thanksgiving, we will not have time for a bird. Last time we did this, we had Turkey courtesy my wifes mother when they met us in Arizona. So I am getting the Enchiladas, rice, Beans ready tonight so we can throw them on when we get back from Tobacco Road.

What better thing to be thankful for with all the other things, in that we will be able to tee it up.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Working tomorrow & that's the way I want it, triple time is pretty damn hard to pass up. Might take the wife out to eat after work as there are plenty of places open. Not doing any shopping at all, going to avoid all stores & go skiing on friday.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Not doing any shopping at all, going to avoid all stores & go skiing on friday.
:laugh:
Isn't that what gift cards and Amazon are for???? We do are Christmas Shopping in about 20 minutes. I pull up to the front door, as people park 8 miles away and fight over parking spots. She runs in and buys gift cards, then back out to the car, where I do a circle or two and pick her up. We then go home and order Amazon cards for anyone else.

Although we do still buy our parents gifts out of respect. Sometimes in June or July when we see something we know they will like. :) Anyone else in our families... I mean come on, wouldn't you rather have a gift card and pick out what you want? :laugh:

Actually I am kinda off guard this year as we have not done so yet

edit 1 - kinda sad I guess, my brother and I learned at an early age when we exchanged $20 bills. :laugh:

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
All 4 of the boys and the new daughter in law will be here tomorrow for Thanksgiving and watching football. The wife is cooking a 25lb turkey right now as I type this. My Dad may come if he feels up to it.

To all my fellow ShotTalkers, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Happy Thanksgiving, Shottalk!

Please take a moment to reflect on how fortunate you are. It really is a great time to be alive, for many reasons.

My hope is that the holiday bring you happiness and many calories!

Staff online

Members online